They went on a little walk along the river and then played in the park. They had to write down some things they saw on the nature walk. Here she is with Luke- one of the kids we carpool with and then of course her friend Stephanie. I tell you I have cried more over Hailey saying good-bye to her friends when we move than I have over mine. (So far that is.)
The night before Hailey's field trip we got to take a little family field trip that was tons of fun. Carrie and Freddie- some of our good friends here- invited us to Cave B. Carrie's parents own it and it is a beautiful winery/spa/restaurant/resort. They told us they would watch the girls at her parent's house while we went to dinner. It was so fun!! The girls had a great time swimming and climbing on the rocks in the house- yes in the house. They built all of Cave B in as much as the natural setting would allow- it is hard to explain but it was amazing. Scott and I had a 2 hour dinner with no whining, gagging, or otherwise naughty behavior (from the children at least). We had appetizers and delicious food that we couldn't pronounce and dessert. It was so fun and so relaxing. Freddie is the wine-maker there so since we are friends with him we got some special treatment. It was a great night and the girls did great too- even Avery. In fact Carrie's dad described her as "a little doll". Hmmm....that's our Avery girl.....
And last but not least the girls had the privilege thanks to Amber to get to watch the whole life cycle of a butterfly. She brought over caterpillars that I am amazed survived the girls toting them around. Then they changed to chrysalises and then butterflies. The girls were thrilled. We released them last week and it was such a fun experience. Sydney was here that day so she joined in the fun!
4 comments:
It's funny how excited kiddos get to ride the bus when they have never done it huh! :) Glad Scott got to go with her! Also, what a fun trip to Cave B...that infinity pool looks sooo nice. Also glad the butterflies were a success! It is such a neat thing to watch!
We just did butterflies too. We had 5 and when we went to release them, 4 flew away. We realized the 5th one has a defective wing and apparently can't fly. The kids had to bring it back in the house of course, so we still have 1 butterfly hanging around.
I sent a message back to you on facebook but somehow it did not go through. I am so excited for you guys to come and yes, you can eat dinner here, I will make something, no problem. See you soon! Melanie
Looks like fun. The pool looks really nice. Glad you got to have a nice child free dinner.
Post a Comment