![]() |
| So Excited to lose her tooth......had to be photographed with her lizard!! |
Avery lost her first tooth this week! I think 4 is a little young, so I was surprised that it was loose. It was a little traumatic for her when she realized it was loose. At first, she wouldn't even eat. I of course started to panic and say things like, "Just eat Avery! It's going to be loose for weeks, you can't not eat!" But then SuperDad or as Andrew refers to him "The Saint" got right next to her and in a very calm voice told her that when he was little he was worried about the same thing and he just put his food to the side of his mouth and was able to eat just fine. After that, she ate just fine.
Well on Thursday the tooth was just hanging there. Hailey tried to help her pull it out which resulted in panicked crying and asking for Daddy. I can not handle pulling teeth. EWWW. I can barely look at loose teeth without gagging! When I was a pregnant First Grade Teacher it was pure torture!! Anyway.....Scott came home to the sobbing child and said, "Let me see if it's ready". And then put the tooth on the counter. All sobbing stopped as she stared in amazement and then grabbed the tooth and ran around the house telling everyone with excitement that her tooth was out! That's a big deal around here let me tell you.
She put the tooth in a glass on the counter and had money in it the next day. "Look," I told her, "the Tooth Fairy came!" Avery looked at me and whispered, "It's not really the Tooth Fairy. It's just Daddy. But we pretend it's the Tooth Fairy." Is she really only four?!! Actually in one week exactly she will be FIVE!



2 comments:
Your family is just beautiful! Can I be your little kid? Will you adopt me? What great parents you are. Love you all!
YAY! That is exciting!
Post a Comment