Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Five Year Old!



Avery is so excited to be five! We celebrated her on her real Birthday by having Emmett and his parents over for pizza and cake! It was a great time. Avery was insistent on cutting and serving her own cake with a Mickey Mouse cake cutter Grandma had given her. She did a great job. She was thrilled to receive lots of jewelry and Minnie Mouse items for her Birthday. She has worn her new shoes almost everywhere and her tutu from Grandma many places also! She is such a sweet girl. So smart and so observant. So determined and spirited. We are so blessed to have her!

She now weighs 34 pounds!!!! Which means that since her surgery she has gained 5 pounds! So happy. We are finally getting to take her off of Whole Milk! Wow....what will I do without Whole Milk on hand in the fridge when I cook all my Pioneer Woman stuff?? I think she was in about the 20% for weight. Her BMI is still 5% so I was a little confused by the whole thing and forgot to take the card with the facts from the Dr. Oh well....all I know is she is gaining weight. The unfortunate thing is that she still has to be in a five point harness car seat. Alex is only a pound more, so he does too. Just never thought I'd have 5 year olds in carseats!

3 comments:

Amber and Nala said...

Happy Birthday Avery!!

Abby said...

I just realized she's not cutting the cake with the Mickey cutter because we lost it last minute....but we did find it and she got to cut with it.....just no pics.

Dorothy said...

Darling pictures of your beautiful family Abby.