As the years go by I have more and more of these.....
So we took the girls to the dentist on Monday. All three did great- Avery even got her teeth cleaned for the first time and loved it! But.....Karis has 4 cavities!! I was horrified. They are between her molars- apparently we were supposed to be flossing their teeth!! We had no idea!! Not only am I sad she has cavities, I am worried she won' t let them fill them and the pain it involves but the biggest worry for me right now is the huge cost-we don't have dental insurance! Well- we have preventative care which basically only pays for cleanings. So the cavities are going to cost $800!! And that's if they can do it awake, if they have to put her out it will be another $900! So all that to say we now have dental insurance! Thankfully it is open season for getting insurance so we are buying it and it starts in January. The dentist thought it would be fine to wait until then. It will cover 50% of cavities so still expensive...plus the insurance but with 3 kids and another coming we figured it will be worth it. So people- get out the dental floss! We now have a new nightly ritual. Scott reads the Bible Story and the girls all lay on their back while I floss them. (It is easier to get to all the teeth if they are on their back.)
3 comments:
Poor karis, I would love it if Ella would let me floss her teeth-but we still fight over brushing teeth. Glad your girls are compliant
Oh we hear you! Grant and Ian just started to go to the dentist this year (4&5) Ian has 4 cavities and Grant 2 cavities. Ian also has to get one pulled and a spacer put in because his tooth split when the dentist was trying to fill it. We are just starting the flossing ritual.
Now I am a forty something mom and had NO idea those baby teeth are so important...they all fall out anyway, right???
We feel your pain.
the Coopers!
i heard about karis from mom. we haven't started flossing emmett's teeth yet, but i guess we will have to start.
Post a Comment