Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Election

So I haven't ever posted on my blog about politics mostly because it is so controversial and because I know that my convictions are different than many (well about 50% of you). But I ran into Karen a woman from my church today and we were talking about the election and she made a post on her blog. I really liked her perspective and she brought up some stuff I hadn't thought about. She writes much more eloquently than me-she is a professor after all so I thought I would link to it here. Chris and Karen actually left E-burg for a year- gave up their jobs and security to help with the Hurricane Katrina relief and to literally be the hands and feet of Jesus. Anyway I just thought it was a good perspective.....

4 comments:

Moon Dance Ranch said...

AMEN!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Abby. I wasn't sure which post you were talking about because there were two. But I thought both of them had an interesting point.

Levi and Stephanie Teasley said...

thanks for sharing karens link, what a beautiful perspective!

Anonymous said...

What a great reminder of how a country can go from enslaving African Americans to electing Obama for our president. No matter what your political views, it's a blessing to see that we are not a country stuck in the past. God is sovereign and as Obama gives thanks to God and shares his faith openly, God will work all things together for good for those who love him. We are in interesting times, but instead of being overwhelmed by the hate and sin in our world, let's trust in God's sovereignty and peace. Psalm 46 for the believer needing to find hope.