
We used Paula Dean's recipe and made Gingerbread People today. This is a tradition for us. Usually when they are baking I manage to distract the girls and then hide some of the cookies. It is rather hilarious because it makes them so nervous but they love it. Well today all day they asked if the gingerbread would run away. Hailey declared she was going to watch the oven the whole time. I was frantically trying to think of a way to distract her and get hot cookies out and hidden around the house in the course of 20 seconds. I got down Halloween candy and told her to sit on the floor behind the bar and pick out some for Avery. It worked. After I hid a couple I put one on the counter next to me and yelled, "Get back here Young Lady!" The girls jumped up, saw that one and the missing ones and started running through the house. While they were looking I hid some more. It was so cute and so fun. Then we decorated. Usually I make the frosting but now I am highly recommending the cake-mate tubes. So much easier and so much less mess and work!! And the girls spent a loooong time frosting so it was great entertainment for them.
Now Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! We are going to church tonight for a Thanksgiving Service and both girls have declared they are sharing during the open microphone time about what they are thankful for. We shall see......
3 comments:
What a fun Mom you are! I think that is such an awesome tradition! :)
Abby-
I agree!!! We could do a lot of crafting and letting the kids make messes, and be fine with it...knowing that they had soooo much fun. I remember last year I had a tube of sugar cookie dough for some reason, and it was a Saturday that Ryan was at his Masters, and Micah took about 2 hours decorating all of the cookies. He and I could do crafts all day long. Hopefully Luca will calm down soon and he will join in. I wish we lived closer... Are you guys still planning on moving?
I hope you had fun at church tonight, and had a fabulous Thanksgiving!!!
So did the girls share???
Post a Comment