Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Ballerina

Todays Quote: As Karis looked in the mirror this morning: "I am the most beautifullest girl ever." Apparently poor self-esteem isn't an issue yet.


So I don't know if this ever happens to you but often I have this great picture in my mind but the reality is much different. So today before dance class I envisioned taking pictures of Karis twirling, little girls all lined up against a bar with their hair in buns, and lots of crisp, bright pictures showing all the delightful expressions Karis makes while dancing. OK reality- the pictures above were by far the best. What went wrong? Well the lighting was terrible on this dark day so I had to use the flash. I thought by using my long lens I could take photos without being intrusive and I did....but the long lens doesn't seem to lend itself well to focusing and movement. Perhaps if someone different was behind the camera it would but not with me. I really get frustrated some days with my skills but I have come to accept my unGod given talent and I just hope to improve slowly!! But here you have it.....Karis doing what she does best....dancing through life with a super happy face. I love this girl. Everywhere she goes she dances her way around, swaying her little body and smiling big.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Cute-are you allowed to stay and watch? She looks like she is having a great time. We can only watch through a monitor, which is why I only have pictures from the recital.

Andrea said...

Very cute! That Karis is irresistable.

Amber and Nala said...

She has the best expressions and what a cute quote. :) Yes, I hate it when the lighting is off....gym pictures are the worst. I guess we need to keep practicing or take a class. :)

Amber

Heidi C said...

Abby that is so cute how she thinks she is so beautiful! She is of course! And those pics of her in her dance class are great. her expression is priceless. What a happy girl!