Monday: All is well- happy children- we even have a friend over for dinner.
Monday 4:00 am- Karis is wheezing and barking like a seal, Hailey is crying over her throat hurting. Scott goes upstairs and sleeps with them to make sure they are OK. I am in charge of Avery who is soundly sleeping.
Tuesday- Karis is happily dancing around, Hailey literally is in bed ALL DAY, doesn't go potty, and barely eats or drinks. Aves is fine.
Tuesday Night: I make cherry jello and spoon feed Hailey. Karis devours a bowl of it. Hailey starts vomiting and proceeds to vomit all night. We have the girls sleep in the "guest" room. We go in to help Hailey after she vomits and see that Karis is sound alseep next to a HUGE pile of red vomit. Disgusting. Scott cleans it up, we put a towel under her and she continues sleeping. Hailey ends up in our bed and moans most of the night.
Wednesday Morning: Karis happily gets up and in her sing-song voice declares, "I threw up in my bed, there was a lot of it and it was red!" I make a dr. appt. for Hailey and they ask if we can get there in 20 minutes because they have an opening then. I put all 3 girls in their jammies into the car. We get to the dr. and Hailey is out of it...so lethargic she didn't even flinch during the strep test. Step test is positive, her tonsils are huge and the dr. says she is dehydrated. He advices much fluid or an IV. I opt for the fluid. Meanwhile Karis and Avery are having the time of their lives dancing around. We saw a more serious dr. not our normal one who didn't seem as enamored with the girls as the nurses were. The nurses kept saying how cute and good they were. Karis even put her lelly-kelly shoes (lots of bling bling) up on the dr. and said, "Look at my shoes....." And he just said, "Aren't you a little cold in them?" Apparently the lack of socks....but hello...I had the socks she had just taken them off while I was talking to him.
We go get her double-dose of antibiotic at Safeway (and there was a $30 gift card for a new prescrip- yeah!) and I let Hailey pick out any drinks or frozen items she wants. And their good bagels are on sale for 25 cents a piece so I buy 3 dozen!! All this while pushing a cart with three girls in their jammies. It was a little embarrassing but what do you do?
We get home and I can barely get her to lick a Popsicles but finally was able to spoon feed her chicken broth. I bought capri suns, apple juice, juice Popsicles, mango sorbet, and berries to make smoothies and she opts for the chicken broth.
She sleeps all day again and then today gets up and wants to go to school!! She is way better but I am making her wait until tomorrow. She is a bit grouchy but eating and drinking and no more throwing up. What a week!
7 comments:
Poor little Hailey! I'm glad she is on the mend.
Glad things are getting better, hope they stay that way!
Poor Hailey....that sounds awful. :( I must say Justin and I were laughing pretty hard at Karis' comment about the red vomit. :) Hope everyone feels better.
Amber
Oh Abby, this sounds like a long week. I'm glad Hailey is feeling better! Hope you get some rest over the weekend.
Wow, what a week is right!! So sorry for you! Those weeks are hard to get through. I pray everyone stays healthy now!!
Sorry to hear you have been so sick around there. Hope the rest of you stay well.
Oh Abby, I hope that everyone is feeling better. What a yucky week!!
Post a Comment