Monday, January 12, 2009

How They Go....


Not sure why on a Monday morning when I have about 7 loads of laundry to do, an extra child coming, a messy house, and 4 gifts to wrap for various baby showers and Birthday parties this week, I found the need to blog but that is how my brain seems to work. Can any of you relate? Anyway I snapped this picture Friday as we were leaving for the Children's Museum. I think it is funny that I not only have no say in what Karis wears but now Avery too. Thankfully Hailey the trendy one always wants my opinion. She always asked, "What looks cuter- this or this? or What do you like better Mom?" Nice. The other two....no. Karis went in her friend's Dora swimming suit and leggings with a skirt over and Avery had to wear the Ariel skirt. Oh well.....at least we make a statement. What that statement is I'm not sure......

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

They must have creative little minds. (Not that Hailey doesn't!) I think the statment is that you are willing to let your little girls be little girls. I am quite sure that when people see you out in public they know that you didn't pick out those outfits! You probably make people smile too. Don't you wish we could be that free in our decisions? Let them enjoy it while they can.

The Rogel Family said...

So cute Abby, I love it. I think it's great that you let them wear what they want. :)

Amber and Nala said...

That's too funny! Yes, definitely making a statement...I LOVE it! Your girls are just spunky and opinionated. :)

Amber

Becky said...

They are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad you have at least one trendy child. I may have to help with the others.

Do you have an editor? I'd like to apply for the position. Thankfully Hailey, the trendy one, always asks my opinion. Note the commas around the appositive.

Nancy said...

When I was raising our six, my theory was, "give in on the little things because you will not give in on the big things." That way they don't feel like you are denying them absolutely everything. We included shaving legs and wierd haircuts in the "little" things. And YIKES some of the haircuts were horrid! But, hair grows. The personality is allowed to evolve if they get to dress crazy, etc. So You Go, Mom!! I admire your parenting skills. (Love ya, too!)

Amber and Nala said...

Hey, have you seen the rockband pics on the blog yet? If not, check them out...plus I will try to email them to you as well...tomorrow if I remember. :)

Amber