Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Craft Room




So we have this bonus room that was a toy room. We thought it was a great idea but for the last 3 years that we have lived here it has not gotten a ton of use. The girls would usually come take toys out of it and bring them to another part of the house. So the day after New Years Eve, I guess that would be New Years Day, (Do you like my use of commas Rach? She thinks I need an editor.) I decided we were rearranging. We basically moved the toys into the girl's rooms and made this a craft room. My scrapbook stuff that was in the guest/scrapbook room got moved too. That room we actually put all of Hailey's American Girl stuff so that it wouldn't get ruined by a certain free-spirited sister. Now she has her own space but doesn't sleep in there!! Anyway...this room now has the computer and all of my crafting stuff and all the girl's crafting stuff and we LOVE it. Even Scott. We can be up here on the computer or watching TV or I can be scrapping and the girls are so content and so happy. All the stuff is now organized so they can get out what they want. I have linoleum down and for the most part it contains the mess except for today when Karis picked up their huge painting so I could hang it before it was dry. It has made our house feel so much bigger because we are actually using this room now and I love not having to clean crafting stuff constantly off the kitchen counter!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow! That's awesome that you have enough room to do this! I'm still working on getting my room organized... I'm making a lot of headway and I think I might be done by Christmas of 2009! (Really!) Love you guys!!

Becky said...

My favorite picture is the dog on the windowsill! I can see him running through all the projects!

Rebekah Hubley said...

I am very jealous of your craft room!!! It seems like every room in our house has 2 purposes... dining room/computer room...living room/toy room...kitchen/jonas's pak-n-play...The last one has gone, because he is not getting up in the middle of the night an playing for hours anymore. Thank goodness!!! But now our bedroom/jonas's bedroom... We don't want to move until the adoption is finished, but we are really cramped!!! Oh well, I can't complain because most people in the world all live together in a house the size of our living room. I just need to rid the house of stuff. We keep clutter low, but I guess I need to do a better job!

Love the craft room!!!

Amber and Nala said...

Haha! I LOVE how Gracie is looking out the window! Also, I think the craft room is a fabulous idea. :)

Amber

Jen said...

What a great idea! My daughter would love an entire craft room....and she really needs it with all the stuff she has!! :) Let's see some of the stuff you're creating in there...

Marion Acres said...

Oh I LOVE your way of displayng artwork on a string like that, I may have to do that today! :)