
So today was the day that Karis got her cavities "sugar bugs" filled. Well at least 2 of them. I was so nervous but I didn't want her to know so I hid it. I didn't even tell her we were going until right before we left and then I just told her we were going to the dentist to get her sugar bugs out. She said she didn't want to go. When we got there I told her the lady would come out but I couldn't go in the room with her. (They said kids do better that way.) So the lady came and she burst into tears but went with her. And she did great!! They came out and told me she was numb which was the hardest part. They said she laid down and did what they said and only cried a little. Then the dentist came in and drilled the hole and then they had me come back for the rest. I was so amazed at how well she was doing and how great the hygienists were. It was like a circus. Blowing bubbles, counting to 10, talking about princesses. Karis was very somber but seemed fine. When we were done she was smiling. They told her she had to come back next week for 2 more and she said, "OK". I am so thrilled. I was calling Scott and updating him throughout because we were both so worried. We have prayed and prayed for this day thinking it would be so traumatic. So needless to say we are quite relieved. Hopefully next week will go as well!
8 comments:
Evan had 3 filled this summer, but he went under at the hospital for it. Not a good time either way!
Yeah Karis and great job Abby. So glad it went so well.
I am glad she did so well too!
What kind of mother allows her children to get four cavities?
Way to go Karis...that dentist sounds fun! I want bubbles and princesses. ;)
Whew-glad it went well. Where did you go?
Wow, she does sound so brave!! Sometimes those things are harder on the parents than on the kids. Glad it went well!
Abby, I need you to go with me next time I go to the dentist...I am still afraid and shake and get all nervous. Really...
Post a Comment