Post #1: Hailey made all these Christmas gifts for us. She made some at school and some at the Four Square church's craft fair which was amazing by the way. She was so thrilled to wrap each one up and then after Christmas she had us each go sit by the tree and we unwrapped them. I was a little nervous of what Karis and Avery's reactions would be since they opened the bottom item but they loved it and acted like it was any normal gift. What is the bottom item you may be asking? Well they are mangers that Hailey cut out. Then she took marshmallows and spread them around with a toothpick. When Auntie Rach heard about this she started laughing and said, "She is her mother's daughter." I was so impressed with her inventiveness!! And her giving heart brought us such joy. I was of course crying by the end. She is such a sweet girl.
OK Post # 2: Not in order but I can't figure this blogger thing out. So here we are last night playing Rock Band with Justin and Amber. We had a great time. The girls LOVE them. As you can see we were rocking all of Hoeferburg. I am hoping Amber posts some other pics too because I think she got some good ones. Love Karis on Rock Band...her little free spirit really comes out- such joy she is full of!!
Post #3: Avery Kendall. Gotta love this girl. We were playing with the cameras yesterday. Me on mine and the girls on their little digitals. It was so cute all of us trying to get her to smile. She is at that age.....the really weird smile or none at all. I opted for the none at all because I love her little lips!! Just want to kiss them- when they aren't screaming that is!! Which reminds me- Scott came up with a great idea yesterday. He said we should walk around with a little M&M dispenser and whenever something happens that makes her mad (which is about 12 times an hour) and she doesn't scream (which is about once a day) we should hand her an M&M. Great idea...I mean why haven't we written a parenting book yet?!

Post 4: OK this was actually before Christmas but we had some friends over to play our new game "Would You Rather?" The game was quite funny we thought - funny little challenges you must do like put your behind in the air and shake it to a song for 30 seconds. The kids had as much fun watching us do things like lap water out of a bowl as we had playing the stupid game.

Post #5: And last but not least New Years Eve. Basically since we have had kids New Years Eve just hasn't been the same. We have NO desire to stay up late with the kids and no desire to be wasting that much sleep when they are sleeping. So this year we decided to celebrate Eastern Time. We had several families come over and we counted down at 9 PM. It was great. The kids had tons of fun, everyone brought stuff to eat and drink, and everyone was gone by 10. The house didn't even get that trashed although Will tried. I think we will make it a tradition. OK I must go help Scott get these girls ready. It is so sunny out that we are going to walk around town. We heard there is a new miniature golf place - indoors! Perfect for the burg so we must try it out!! If you are still reading.....wow.....

5 comments:
That picture of Alex is really cute!
Nice pictures....I got a few good ones too so I will try to post them sometime this week. :) Thanks for having us over....the food was delicious...you are such a good cook! :) Also, very cute picture of Alex!
Amber
He is so cute!
What an adorable picture of Alex! I'm praying he'll be in your arms soon!
Hey Abby, I just used the Shabby Princess stuff for the negative looking picture collages. The black and white border is in the Urban Kiwi embellishments pack. :) I wanted to try something new...glad you liked them!
Post a Comment