Monday, September 28, 2009

Another God Wink

A few months ago I wrote about the term God-Wink. Where God does something and you just KNOW it is from Him. Well we have had a couple of those lately concerning Alex. The first one was a couple weeks after we moved in. We set up all the girl's bedrooms and then chose one for Alex. We don't have much in it yet but the girls know it is Alex's bedroom. Our house has an intercom system which took us about 2 weeks to even look at from all the craziness of moving. The day we decided to figure it out, with the help of the guy installing our vacuum which is another story, Scott and I opened it up together. All of the rooms were labeled. Do you want to know what the label on Alex's room was?! ALEX!! We both got tears in our eyes and I still do thinking about it.

Going to Haiti has definitely thrown us for a loop. There are a lot of details that make this a hard trip and a hard time to go. One of them is finances. With our move and the amount we lost on our house in E-burg and the expenses of moving to a new state etc, etc we were nervous about the money to go to Haiti. We were nervous but felt peace about it. On Saturday I booked the tickets...frankly it was more than we had even thought it would be. Most of you know Scott and I, especially Scott, likes to live off a budget. We plan for things like this. We wait to spend large amounts of money until we know we have it and still have some for emergencies. Well we didn't have a chance to do that this time so we knew we just had to do it.

We got the mail on Saturday and didn't open it but Scott opened it yesterday. Guess what? There was a check in the mail that we were not expecting from the escrow on our house in E-burg. Guess how much it was for? Very, very close to the amount we had just paid for our plane tickets to Haiti!!! Our pastor in Portland used to say,"Where God guides, God provides." We are so thankful that He is with us and working in even these details in our lives!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow! I have those two books about God Winks, maybe I better read them, huh? My aunt gave them to me and she's gone now. I'm so impressed by the way God gives you HUGE winks, or signs! Or maybe I am impressed by the way you recognize them! At any rate, congratulations! When are you going to Haiti? Love to all,
Aunt Nancy

Hannah said...

Yay for God providing in big ways (the $) and little ways (the Alex label). He has provided for us many times this year in ways I never expected.

Heidi C said...

Abby, I had no idea you guys were headed to Haiti already. Wow! How incredible how the Lord has provided the money for your tickets. What is the latest with the adoption update?

Melissa said...

I love it- not just the fact that God is providing the money, but that He is affirming your plans to adopt Alex!

Becky said...

Wow-That's wonderful!