Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Treated Like the Princess She Is!

A couple weeks ago Hailey wanted to get her hair cut. Avery desperately needed one but I knew would freak out so I made an appointment for both with a girl I found who I love. She also cut my hair and did a great job. Anyway took Hailey and had hers done and right at the end told Avery it was her turn and pulled out my leverage- chocolate. She sat really well for her cut, ate several Hershey's Kisses and all was well. We got home and Karis said she wanted hers cut short too, which I didn't believe because she has been all about growing it as long as a ballerina for months. I kept telling her once its cut it would take a long time to grow back.

In the meantime a neighbor friend (love how all our new friends are right in the neighborhood) told me about this great new children's salon. I thought, "I'm sure it is great but those places are so expensive." Well she showed me the price list and it was so reasonable. So I booked an appointment for little Miss Karis. Who by the way told me she wanted her hair to turn blond so she'd look more like Cinderella and wanted to know if there was a way to do this. I told her not at this point but maybe when she's older.

Anyway this place was so cute. Murals everywhere, they could sit on horses or in cars, cartoons playing, candy out. A paradise. Not only did she get her hair washed with yummy shampoo, she got her hair cut and braided and had sparkles put in it. After that she had her nails done! All for $15 and they were running a special so it was only $13. I was thrilled. I can't wait until Hailey needs her hair cut again because she will love it. As you can see, Karis was in her glory!!! And I convinced her to cut some of it off but leave it a little bit long. She was thrilled with the results and kept looking at herself all day in the mirror. In fact I even got her looking in car's mirrors as we were walking into Target. She would look, open her mouth really wide in awe of her beauty, and cover her mouth and smile and say, "I love it!" We'll start working on humbleness next month I guess.







4 comments:

Hannah said...

So cute! Almost makes me wish I had a girl to do that kind of thing with. Can't wait to see you this weekend!!

Nancy said...

Karis cracks me up! She is a little Princess for sure. I love reading about the girls! Wow, I want to get my hair done where you went, and my nails, and...

Aunt Nancy

Becky said...

Cute Cute!

Debbie said...

I want to get my hair and nails done there too. What a fun place:)