Here is the new play structure. We bought one that can be added on to so next year we plan to add either a rock wall or something. The girls like how it is a little playhouse at the top. Our backyard needs a lot of work still but Scott is thrilled. He has all kinds of plans. We can't believe how much more time we have not having to take care of 3 acres!!! We have down-sized in a huge way as far as yard goes but we like it. It helps that there is stuff so close to walk too also.Also here is Hailey with a new friend. How cool is this? The little girl who lives on the other side of the street about 4 houses down is in Hailey's class and was also new this year! Her parents are really nice and she seems like a great little girl. She came over for a few hours yesterday. The girls are loving the idea of neighbor kids who can just come over. I think I like the idea.....as long as it doesn't get to be an everyday occurrence. I like the girls to just play with each other some days so that their bond is always stronger than bonds with friends if that makes sense. I just don't want them to always think they need to have a friend to have fun.
We also had 2 other play dates this weekend so I am feeling really good about potential friendships. Both had girls Hailey and Karis' age and both went so well. They played and played. I am so glad how easily the girls seem to be making friends. Even Avery has a friend from preschool she wants to have over sometime. I have enjoyed getting to know the moms too.

We are definitely beginning to feel much more settled in here. This is our first weekend without a major project so we just decided to lay low and enjoy. Scott and I both have a cold so we skipped church today. I am really liking the feeling of our subdivision. After being in a very small neighborhood with 3 acres each I wasn't sure how I would feel about living really close to people again but I like it!
Also if anyone is still reading I wanted to point out that my wording in the adoption post may have sounded wrong. No one said anything to me about it but as I was rereading where I said, "thinking of all the reasons this was a bad idea" I was referring to visiting Alex and then leaving him, not about adopting him. I figured you all knew that but it bothered me when I reread it so I had to point it out!
2 comments:
Hi Abby, I didn't pick up on that "bad idea" wording. I feel extremely sad about you leaving the girls home, then leaving Alex after you see him for three days. Wow, sometimes God tests us extra hard, but never beyond our endurance. So this will work out... Lots of love to you, Scott and the girls. ~Nancy~
I want to come slide down the stairs!
Post a Comment