Friday, December 5, 2008

Amazing Safeway Deals




OK I thought these were only for today but then I heard all week. So here you go:


Go to Safeway and buy 5 of Jiffy muffin mixes. (Even if you don't like them you can use them for pancake batter, a great Rachael Ray Barbecue Chicken Pizza recipe, and the girl's favorite- the easy-bake oven...way cheaper than the easy bake mixes and they turn out just as gross!) I also plan on donating some to a food bank.
They are on sale for 39 cents. Every time you buy 5 you get $5 dollars back. Just make sure and buy other items too so you get the most out of this. I bought 55 boxes and I also bought 5 of the Jif PB on the sale which ended up costing $1.50 each. I also got produce, 20 yogurts, lunch meat, and other items all for $12.40!! I saved over $100! I went through the line 3 times while Scott patiently waited in the car with the girls. He looked a little mortified until he saw a whole cart of groceries! One of the times through I only had to pay 40 cents! The receipt said I saved 99% of my purchases! The cashiers were amazed. In fact as I was leaving the guy said, "I bet you won't make it through those doors...you'll have to come back and do it again." So anyway run to your nearest Safeway!!
I actually went up to Cle Elum and did it there too- got $108 worth of groceries for FREE. The girl said, "I don't know how this happened but it did". But the next day I went back to the E-burg Safeway and tried to buy them all and it didn't work. I was mortified standing up there with hundreds of Jiffy mixes and other groceries. The manager came over and said it was a mistake and he wasn't going to give me free groceries. (Which I don't think it was because the sign clearly says it as well as the ad and there is no limit.) He then said, "What did you do? Clear our shelves?" By then the girls were whining and crying and I couldn't get out of there fast enought. I said that was fine but I felt bad they had to put them all back. Anyway....try it where you live and see what happens! At least I got a lot of free stuff on Sunday....and saved over a couple hundred of dollars!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They aren't doing it anymore! I went today and they have changed the sign.

Andrea said...

I have so much to learn from you Abby. You are amazing.

Moon Dance Ranch said...

You are the only person I know that takes pictures of her groceries! LOL
Great job. We actually eat those Jiffy mixes with our soup. Not so bad :)