

The only thing these two things have to do with each other is they were both a part of our weekend! Saturday night I thought it would be fun to make Spring Rolls because I found some Rice paper at Cash/n/Carry last time I was there. (And I knew at least Hannah and Monica and Crissy would be impressed at how well I was incorporating vegetables into the girls culinary experiences. We don't just bake cookies around here.) So anyway the girls had a blast putting the veggies in, soaking the paper, and wrapping the rolls. They couldn't wait to eat them for dinner. "That's It!" I thought to myself, "Kids really will eat healthy if you let them help make the food". (I knew I had read that somewhere.) Well- once again the book was wrong. The girls took one bite and that was it. Not so into the spring rolls. Actually either were we...much too healthy for us. However tonight I made Thai peanut chicken and they were delicious with that. And the girls loved the chicken!
And the snow....oh the snow. The good thing about living somewhere like here is that snow doesn't stop us. Not one school delay this week, not one day off, nothing cancelled, nothing. Everything went on as normal in the 6 degree weather. The girls had a great time today playing in the snow. Sorry about the Avery pic...way too bright but her face looked so cute I had to post it. I pulled her around on a sled and she giggled so hard. All was well until we heard a loud sound which Scott discovered was a broken pipe that had froze under our house!! Thankfully he is such a handy man that he was able to fix it. What a guy!!
And one more thing....as Avery was walking around today with a glass nativity set in a purse she had put it in the thought crossed my mind that there are two types of parents out there. Those who let their kids touch the Christmas tree and those who don't. Bet you can't guess what ones we are. (This is actually the worst year we have had with broken ornaments. Our philosophy has always been the tree is for all of us so let the girls enjoy it. We put the good ornaments up high and the kid ones below. Karis however...I don't know...she has managed to break several. But today as she was standing on a stool trying to reach a little nativity scene and I was about to tell her to get down she said, "I just want to play with Jesus Mom." How could I say no to that?)
5 comments:
What a fun weekend. We have the same philosphy on all of the holiday decor in our house. If it shouldn't be touched...it's probably not out! :)
Can you believe it??? No cancled school? My fingers and toes were so crossed for a little extra Christmas break this year! :)
Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy Hailey's time home.
Sounds fun. I have been craving a peanut sauce and was thinking the other day about making some. Did you make your own or buy it?
I like making my own potstickers, but haven't ever made spring rolls. Sounds good!
Did you provide peanut sauce for the spring rolls? Anya likes them mostly because she gets to dip them in peanut sauce. : )
Good attempt Abby--I'm proud of you! Have a wonderful Christmas. We're heading up to Everett today and hope to make it.
Oops-I guess Jeff was logged in. That last comment was from me.
Post a Comment