Stories and events that happen at the Hoefer House! All of them crazy...most of them good....
Friday, December 5, 2008
I Think I've Ruined Her Dating Potential
Hailey told me that a little boy: "M" kissed her at school. She said, "He kissed me on the lips but I didn't kiss back and then he kissed me here" and she pointed to her chest. I about died. I said, "Hailey- there is to be no kissing until you are married or at least almost married." She said, "I know." So when we got to school today I saw "M". So I took the opportunity to say, "M- there is to be no more kissing Hailey. Her daddy will be very upset if you do it again." "M" who is usually quite silly looked up at me with big eyes and said very seriously, "OK". The other 2 little boys with him looked at me too. Probably thinking they will never come near Hailey. Hopefully in middle school they will still remember this! (The teacher was quite pleased I did that since she has actually had to send "M" to the principal for kissing girls. She said hopefully hearing it from me will make an impact.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Kissing already?! Although I'll probably have the boy who does the kissing when he's in school.
oh boy! I remember being kissed by a certain someone when i was very young, I think you got kissed too? Do you remember that???
I'm not sure if this story is cute or scary. A little of both? Hopefully he has learned his lesson!
Funny, scary, cute, I guess it is all those. You're such a good mom, setting those boys straight. Let's hope it lasts at the very least all the way through 8th grade and maybe many years beyond that. I like the idea of marriage:). Boy, I just can't wait until my girls are in school;)
In first grade a boy gave me a little box with a wedding ring set in it. I was devastated! I was just not ready to commit to anyone at that young age. I remember how dreadful I felt. Yes, kissing does start early and Abby was right to "nip it in the bud." I hadn't even kissed the boy and he still wanted to marry me! See, I'm old and I still remember it! Hailey will, too, and she might feel kinda bad for a few days, too. You ARE a good mom, and I love being able to read about you and the kids.
That is hilarious! Way to go Abby!
Post a Comment