Sunday, December 14, 2008

American Girl Doll Party




So my friend Christy and I thought it would be fun to get our girls together once a month to do a little American Girl Doll Club. Since she has an 8 year old - Bailey- she let her invite a friend her age also. So we had our first official meeting on Friday. We had a Christmas theme at our house. Each girl wore a Christmas dress and dressed her doll up too. We had "portraits by Abby" since I am quite the professional. Just kidding...but I was surprisingly happy with the photos. I have been shooting in manual lately which is a big step for me and often they look awful! Anyway then we made little ornaments to put the photos in, made a little cup for the dolls, and made miniature cards for their dolls. I had saved some bags from when we went to the store last summer so those were fun to put their goodies in. Then we decorated mini cookies for their dolls. Then we had a tea party- with hot chocolate. They had so much fun mixing their own cocoa and milk and water. Then we ate mini- cupcakes. All thing miniature at the doll party! It was so much fun. A highlight in my mothering career. Have I mentioned I LOVE having girls?!

3 comments:

Jen said...

So, so so cute!! My daughter, Abby, is getting her first american doll for Christmas. We have the bitty baby already. I am SO excited for her to get it and can definitely envision doll parties in my future. :) Having girls is the best!!

Amber and Nala said...

What fun!! How do you think up all these great ideas! Lucky girlies! :)

Glad Gracie is enjoying the snow too! We should get the pups together soon!

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea! Your pictures look great too.