So last year I posted this story. This will only make sense if you read it so stop and read it first. OK fast forward one year. We have not talked about this story really at all since last December. Last Sunday Hailey came home from Sunday School talking and talking about a story her teacher told her about an angel. This of course launched a whole series of questions from the girls about the reality of angels, what they look like, if they are scary etc. etc. Hailey and Avery both seemed really nervous about angels and we kept reassuring them that things of God are not freaky or scary but peaceful. And then Karis says, "Like when the angel came to help me when my dresser fell. Why did the angel leave as soon as you walked in Mom?" Scott and I stopped and looked at each other and then at Karis. Then she laughed and said, "I said I saw Baby Jesus and Mary and Joseph too." I said, "Did you see them?" "Nooo." She says laughing. I said, "Did you see an angel though?" "Yes...and why did it leave when you came?" So anyway....apparently out little spiritual one has faith greater than her parents. This story gives me chills every time I think about it. Oh to have faith like a child....
(The reason we believe she did see an angel is this was when she was barely 3 years old, we haven't talked about this, we don't talk about angels all the time or ever really, yet she remembers seeing one so I don't think she could have fabricated this in her mind.) Her Auntie Deb says, "Of course she saw an angel!!"
On a funny note all week long Avery has said, "No angels coming, No angels coming, they are scaaarrryyy."
4 comments:
I love to hear stories like this! Child like faith is what we all need to be reminded of!
I totally believe she must have seen an angel! With Wyatt I've found that he remembers stuff I'd NEVER think he'd remember, but it's only the true/ realy stuff that he brings back up - never things he has pretended or made up!
I guess this is why we are told to have faith like a child!
Ahhh...that is so sweet! I am sure an angel was there. :) I also like Avery's words of the week....too funny! :)
Amber
Post a Comment