Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time...







When Hailey came home from school yesterday and had the idea to paint a t-shirt, I thought, "Why not?" Well the dog can tell you why not, the counter can tell you why not, the bath tub with floating pieces of fabric paint can tell you why not, the stained clothes can tell you why not, and Scott who came home to see the mess can tell you why not. But we did and the results are here. Hailey did a great job on hers....even writing, "Hailey loves everybody" on hers. Karis and Avery decorated a shirt together. Yes, Avery is on the counter while she was decorating. Totally supervised and safe. The little girls used a ton of paint and had to go straight to the tub. If you enlarge the picture you will see how the bath water looked. Oh well...it was lots of fun and kept them entertained for quite awhile. And they are very proud of their shirts!
And we did manage to get the paint off of Gracie. However shortly after she got in an altercation with a skunk.....and lost. I have never smelled such strong skunk smell in my life. Thankfully the neighbor had some tomato juice that we bathed her in but she still had to spend the night in the garage!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a mess! Seems like a fun project though.

KELLY said...

I LOVE projects like that...always such a great idea until you do them! :) It was great seeing you briefly on Sunday. Your girls were great. Funny thing, Karis told me all about Halloween. She said, "I decided to be Cinderella, because I look like her!" She is such a funny girl!

Jen said...

Wow, you are such a nice mommy!! :) I'm sure my Abby would love it but I don't know if I'd like that mess. ;)

Amber and Nala said...

So colorful! ;) Gracie looks beautiful! Too bad about the skunk. :(

Becky said...

Sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

You are a brave mother Abby! I'm glad that Gracie got in on the action too.

:-) Julia

Monica said...

This is what makes you such a great mom, Abby--the fact that you say, "Why not?" when asked to do something ridiculously messy. I'm afraid I would be like, "That sounds like fun, sweetheart, but we don't own any fabric paint. Maybe you'll do that at school some time."

Rebekah Hubley said...

Okay...That is hilarious!!!! Even the dog is looking at you saying, "I told you this would not be a good idea!!!" That pic of the dog could win a contest somewhere!!! I will be praying for you and Alex. Birthdays are never fun. Jonas spent his 1st b-day with his birth family, 2nd b-day at GLA, and his 3rd b-day will be here!!!! It will happen for you too!