Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Long And Random Post

It's been pointed out that I am not blogging as much and I have 3 good reasons for that. Not only that I have had a lot of extra kids here lately. Some are just terrible and out of control and I hope their mothers never ask me to watch them again. (Just kidding!) Actually having extra kids is great because the girls love it but it does keep me busier. Plus Hailey has had half days for the last 2 weeks so I have been spending time with her in the afternoon. Anyway I have several things to post about: First I took these pics of the girls today. Not only does Karis wear a ballet suit everywhere.....Avery has started too. It's quite fun walking into H's school to get her in 30 degree weather with 2 little girls in sleeveless ballet outfits. They refuse to wear coats so people probably think, "What an irresponsible mother." Oh well..... Also I thought this was funny. Karis happy as can be and Avery yelling at her. Typical.




We got Alex's update. He is as cute as ever. It was a bedtime theme this time including an actual picture of him sleeping. Is it just me or does the crib look a little hazardous? We noticed he sucks his tongue just like Hailey did when she was a baby. Also some pictures at his Birthday party.










Also we had Hailey's first parent teacher conference. It was so fun to be on the other end of conferences. She is doing great. Her teacher said she is a kind friend and an eager learner! We are so proud of her. We told her all we expect at school is 3 things: Listen to the teacher, Be kind to the children, and Work hard. She is doing all 3 so we went out for ice-cream to celebrate.
Also thought this conversation was funny:
On the way home from the Thanksgiving feast:
Hailey: "Mom when I grow up will I be an Indian?"
Me: "No."
Hailey: "Well why is Auntie Rach and Indian?"
Me: "She's not."
Hailey: "Well she looks like one."
Karis: "And when I grow up will I have yellow hair like Cinderella?"
And I overheard this:
Hailey: "Karis- lets play a game. Throw these balloons in the air and if you drop one you have to sit on the couch for 5 hours."
Karis: (In her ever-enthusiastic Karis voice.) OK!
And One more- maybe I am the only one so amused by our girls but anyway:
The girls were teasing Gracie and she was growling.
Me: "If you keep teasing her she could bite you and it could hurt and then we'd have to get rid of her."
Hailey: "We'd give Karis away if Gracie bit her?"
Also we are sooo excited about the Beavers. If they beat the Ducks on Saturday they are going to the Rose Bowl and Scott and I are going to go!! It is probably a once in a lifetime chance so we must go!! PLEASE PRAY THE BEAVERS BEAT THE DUCKS!!
Oh and one more thing: I have noticed not nearly as many have responded to the teeth poll. I am noticing people tend to vote more on the more interesting ones so I will try to think of a better one soon.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Abby! Normally this would have been 4 or 5 different posts, so it will be hard to comment on everything. I love the conversations between the girls and the things they think up to ask you! And yes, Alex's crib does look a little hazardous, but it also looks like his mattress is on the floor, so maybe they figure the crib part doesn't have to be as sturdy. I'm glad he got to have a b-day party!

Melissa said...

I agree with Hannah about the crib. As for the girls in their ballet outfits without coats - my kids refuse to wear coats. I'm always feeling like other people are looking at me like I'm a bad mom! You should see Mindy outside in short sleeves and sandals with no socks walking Danny to school, while I'm bundled up in my winter coat, because there's frost on the ground! As for the poll, I didn't vote, because I didn't fit into any answers. I floss my kids teeth about once every few months!

Nancy said...

Hi Abby! I cracked up reading about giving Karis away if Gracie bit her so I had to read it to Vic! How old is Alex now? Oh, the poll wasn't one I could respond to either although I did try! No kids to floss! Keep telling us all about your fun life, I love it! I've said it before, it brings back soooo many memories! Love you all!

Becky said...

Ok i did not vote on the poll because you had no "no we don't, because it is all we can do to hold them down just to brush their teeth" option.
I think it is cute that they celebrate the birthdays for the children, they must do this a couple times a week with all those children?

Amber and Nala said...

Cute pictures of Karis and Avery! I love hearing all the silly things they say! It always makes me laugh! Alex is looking as cute as ever!