

Well Scott is officially 40 years old! How did that happen?! He turned 40 on Monday but we celebrated yesterday. (Monday was a very sad day for him. His roommate Brad who he lived with for 5 years before we were married unexpectedly passed away so his memorial was on Monday. Please pray for his family! Also he was a 5th grade teacher so please pray for his class, their families, and everyone who is affected by this. The circumstances surrounding the death are very troubling and there are many unanswered questions.)
Well the girls decided they wanted to decorate Daddy's cake. So we made his favorite- cherry chip with cherry frosting. Not my favorite by any means but we make it at least once a year for him! And to spruce up a cake mix add a cube of butter, half cup sugar, and half cup flour. This makes it a little moister and more flavorful. (Recipe courtesy of Jan's Catering.) Anyway.....as you can see from the photos the cakes were gorgeous. Almost as much time was devoted to licking than frosting. And yes that is a container of sprinkles in Karis' mouth!! Don't worry I threw that bottle away! Karis picked up her cake twice so it is broken in several places. Avery decorated a little star and then ate it - oh well-
Scott got the surprise of his life from me though!! A trip to Vegas is in the works for us!! I have been planning it for months and basically everyone in town knew but he never found out!! (I even applied for a credit card so I could pay for the trip without him knowing. I was so worried he would find out but he didn't!) We have never been and we are leaving the girls! I am so excited. I will write more details later about that! I gave him a card that says, "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" and on the inside "And we're staying in Vegas!" And then the details of the trip. OK that's it for now.
4 comments:
Emmett likes to "drink" the sprinkles too! Not that I would ever allow such a thing, he sneaks them. I think the cake looks delish! Happy Birthday Scott!
Happy Birthday Scott, have fun in Vegas. Good job on the cake, girls.
Scott Glad you had agood Birthday!
Sorry to hear about Brad
rememmber God is there in the tough times for us!
sounds like Abby got U Vegas will be fun!!
What a cool card to tell him the exciting trip news! Tell him Happy Birthday from Nala and I! ;) I'm sure Justin already told him.
Post a Comment