Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Vegas Baby!

So most of you know I surprised Scott for his 40th Birthday with a trip to Vegas! He was so thrilled and to be honest even more so when he realized we were leaving the girls, for the first time I might add. (Well we left once when I was pregnant with Avery- but the 1st time since having 3.) We were gone 4 days and 3 nights. Anyway we aren't exactly the typical Vegas vacationers we quickly realized when we got down to the Strip. It is crazy!! So we actually didn't spend much time there- it was fun to walk around and see all the sights but the weather was so cold. We were quite disappointed about that but it didn't matter- we still had a great time- it just made walking long distances on the strip not very appealing because it was so windy! We can't seem to escape the wind!

What we enjoyed most was hiking at Red Rock Canyon, touring Ethel's Chocolate Factory, and Hoover Dam. We also enjoyed the HUGE mall there. I was in heaven. And just being together on our own was so great. We joked that we would have been happy in Moses Lake it was just so nice to get away. Not that we didn't miss the girlies but just focusing on each other was so fun. We went to the Melting Pot for Scott's Birthday dinner- it was fabulous and so fun! First time we have ever done that and so worth it for a special night out.
I worried about leaving the girls a lot but they ended up doing so great. Andie our wonderful babysitter and friend stayed with them. She planned crafts, outings, and entertainment. She said the girls were really good and there was only one time when Hailey actually cried because she missed us. Karis apparently said, "Why are you crining? They'll be back tomorrow." (That was 3 days before we were to be back. Glad to know she was missing us.) We brought the girls back each a little dress with leggings and some M&M's of their choice from the M&M factory. Hailey chose to have some of each color, Karis wanted all pink, and Avery wanted green and yellow I thought but Scott thought orange and blue. We sat there deliberating and then realized what does it matter- she doesn't know her colors anyway! So we got all 4. Anyway it was so refreshing to be away and I am so glad to be back just hanging out with our girlies. They were missing Daddy today so we went and got donuts and visited him at work. And for dinner I am making fondue in honor of our delicious dinner at the Melting Pot. Hope it is as good!


Avery in typical fashion refused to be part of the group photo. And Karis always strikes the same pose...shoulder up, face tilted, and smiling!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Glad you were able to get away for a while.

KELLY said...

Glad you had fun! Sorry the weather was crummy...should be used to it by now w/what we've had. Joe and I went last March and thought the same thing...not the "typical" Vegas couple!

HOpe to see you soon!

Strauss House said...

Abby, you are looking so thin & beautiful! Glad you guys had a great time - pouring into our husbands is SO important!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the girls survived and weren't too traumatized with you being gone!

Amber and Nala said...

Looks like you had a super time in spite of the weather! :) The pics at Red Rocks are great and that is sooo neat that you made it to the Hoover Dam....I haven't done that yet! Great to hear about your trip and glad the girls did so well!

Amber

Catsofatso said...

Hey Abby! What a fun trip for you and Scott. Where did you guys stay? You guys need to get back there in the summer when you can sit at the pool all day. Any plans to come to pdx anytime soon? The Ladies and I would love to see you.