Friday, March 20, 2009

When Mommy Is Sick...

I keep forgetting to blog about this but wanted to before I forget. Last weekend when I was in bed almost the whole time (I told Scott I knew I was really sick because I wasn't even bored and usually that would bore me to tears) the girls had a good time. Somehow without Scott noticing they made "cake". That's right, in their room they managed to mix cake dough, sprinkles, and water all together! Then they ate some of it and then started putting shredded paper in it. At this point Scott discovered what they were doing. They also painted. I mean really painted. Got out all the water colors and drenched them with water. Then they took little chunks of the water color paint, put it in every Polly Pocket pool, boat, tub etc, and filled it with water. So Sunday night when I was feeling better I discovered tinted water all over the place. That was fun to clean up. Scott has said several times this week, "I don't know how you do this all day." Always nice for a stay at home Mom to hear!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Oh My-what is it with kids and water-Ella loves to get into water too!

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious!

Melissa said...

That reminds me of the time I was gone for a couple of hours, and Mark was supposed to be watching them. Mindy was probably one at the time. I came home, and Matthew's little paints were missing. I asked what happened to them. He informed me that Mindy ate two of them! Fortunately they said they were non-toxic,and they must have been because it didn't hurt her!

Nancy said...

Hi Abby, sorry to hear you were sick... Mothers should come with an antibacterial shield...

When are you going to Vegas? Some of my siblings will be there the 28th-3rd. Where there is a crowd and they are noisy, that's them! They'll be around a craps table for sure...