Oh the horrors. I remember worrying (and I still do) of all the things Hailey would be exposed to once she started school. You know- the bad words, the drugs, alcohol, etc. ;) Anyway so far this has been the most impacting:
Hailey: (Looking horrified) Mom is it true that people shoot ducks?
Me: Why do you ask?
H: Well Trenton told me and Stephanie that he shoots ducks with a gun! So we asked the teacher and she said it is true. Some people shoot ducks! Is it true Mom? Is it true?
Me: Well yes- it is.
H: Why would people do that?
Me: Just some people do. There's nothing wrong with that but no one in our family does it.
H: I think its so sad. Why would they do that?
And on and on it went. Oh the things the child is being exposed to. ;)
In other news I am reading a great book that explains Avery so well. "Raising Your Spirited Child". It explains how some kids are just more...more sensitive, perceptive, emotional, etc. I took the little test and she is a introverted spirited child. Which makes sense now so much of the way she acts. It has been really encouraging. I am about a third of the way through it and am hoping soon to get to the 'now what do I do with her' part of it. And the best part of all- it says its not my fault!! Its not because of anything I did pregnant or since then. Whew!! Some kids are just born this way....in fact do you all remember her being turned 3 times in the womb? The dr. told me he'd never had to do that 3 times!! And the nurses kept saying, "You've got a feisty one one in there!"
3 comments:
Well...our house may terrify poor Hailey. Quite honestly...I am often terrified. I did NOT grow up in a hunting family. Unless you consider power shopping the Nordstrom's sales for deals hunting.
Funny...I got that book for Faith, too. Haven't gotten much past the introduction (too busy reading Twilight), but Joe and I were hysterically laughing because the introduction fits her to a t!
It's funny what kids are horrified by! I guess if that's the worst she has been exposed to then it's not so bad.
Aren't you encouraged to know that she still comes to you for the final answer. I mean really, you could have said no and she would have believed you.
Post a Comment