Monday, March 9, 2009

Weekend Events (Not All Of Them!)

We've started a new little tradition that will horrify you really clean type people. I won't mention names of course but you know who you are. Anyway we have been letting the girls eat dinner in our bed and watch a movie and it is so great. Not the disaster one would think and it turns out to be a really relaxing evening. So far we haven't had any major catastrophes although Scott did Dustbuster the bed from all the crumbs. The girls are thrilled by this and eat really well. Notice the veggies and dip appetizer, and then the frozen pizza, and then the chocolate cake. As you notice the girls were quite relaxed and I am hoping Scott wasn't thinking, "Why did I agree to this?" Although that is how he looks in the bottom photo. Anyway we won't be doing this nightly but it sure is fun!
And Avery got to go all by herself (well without her sisters) to a Birthday party for Cora. It was a ballerina party. She really did have a great time although this is how she looked much of the time. She is just so reserved in public!! When we got home she talked and talked about it and was so excited to have her own little prize bag. Happy Birthday Cora!! We love you Sweet Girl! (Cora is Avery's future sister in law since she is Wyatt's sister AKA Karis' husband.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avery looks really cute in the ballerina outfit! The dinner and movie in your bed sounds like fun...very Abby!!

Amber and Nala said...

Ahhhh, what a cute little ballerina! Love the dinner and movie in bed idea! :)

The Rogel Family said...

Abby, you're hillarious, yes I know you're talking about me. I love it though and wish I could do something like that, but I can't. But hey, maybe my girls would eat then, I may result to that a few more years. :) Love ya.

Becky said...

Avery looks adorable, and not to worry Ella lives, eats, and breaths in our room so I am used to this-I do make her sit on a towel-either floor and bed, then just shake the towel off-just an idea for next time!

Mike & Crissy said...

Ahhh, thanks - Cora was so thrilled to have all of her friends over for an occasion just for her, so glad you could make it! She told me today how she played with Avery at Bible Study. And Wyatt was really admiring Karis's dress on Sunday!