Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Rejecting The Faith

Today after Avery kept running away from me while I was trying to change her clothes I said, "Avery- did you know the Bible says you need to obey your mom?" To which she replied, "Bible says obey Mom, Bible says obey Mom." I thought, "Good..there we go..what a wise mother I am for throwing that in her face." And then she promptly ran from me again. So I upped it a little and said, "Avery because you are a Christian you need to do what the Bible says and obey me." And she very empathetically replied, "I am not a Christian! I am Avery!" Another successful parenting moment by Abby.....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH,Abby, I say the same things to my kids like "are you making Jesus smile right now?" They don't always get it. I can totally picture you saying that to Avery. Melanie

Anonymous said...

So funny! Maybe you should write a book...

AshlandFive said...

I was dying. Your friend on here said exactly what I was going to say. You need to write a book. No joke. They actually have these websites that will turn your blog into a book! It would be an awesome keepsake for your fam.

KELLY said...

Oh Abby...to be a child and take everything so literally. So funny (not that I would admitt that to her)!

Moon Dance Ranch said...

yes write a book you would be a millionair!!if we had a dollar for all the comments the boys make we would be rich and in stiches from laughter!!!

Amber and Nala said...

That is sooo funny! :)

Catsofatso said...

Too funny Abby. I can just hear this whole conversation flying out of your mouth. I've been having some equally effective conversations with the Ladies.

Becky said...

Telling this story would make a good toast at her wedding.