Sunday, August 10, 2008

Fun Times At The Beach!

Just some pictures of our fun, fun times at the beach. This trip was so much fun. Even though the weather wasn't the greatest but the funny think about the beach is it the only place where it can be only 60 degrees but you let your kids play outside in the water in their swimsuits! The girls just love the beach....the sand...running from the waves.....building things.....looking for shells and crabs.....all of it. When we got to these amazing tide pools Hailey freaked out and was scared for some reason so she was clinging to Rachael's leg.
Karis especially was so into the tide pools. It was neat for she and Scott because since he was a little boy he has been so into fish and biology and water hence the fact that he became a fisheries Biologist. So he got to spend a lot of time showing Karis things and explaining them to her. Also in this picture is Rach scaling the mountain. Amazing rock climber that she is. The girls were terrified for her. As was I.

OK and I shouldn't be posting this but I had too. Our girls are way above me in that I didn't learn to pee in the outdoors until I met Scott. Seriously...our family didn't do things like that. In fact Karis likes to do it "like a boy" so here she is. And Rach was overcome herself with hysteria and lets just say she pulled a Rachael bringing our trip to the tide pools to a quick end!
And I just have to say that we have the greatest girls. They did so well traveling on this trip. Had great attitudes, slept well, were happy with pretty much anything we did and made everything so much fun. They are so full of love for life and I love to see that. We got lots of comments on what cute, sweet girls they are- that is always so encouraging to hear as a parent.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only Karis would want to pee like a boy! Too funny!

AshlandFive said...

Love the picture of Karis. I really think it is funny because the one time I remember spending time around you and Scott was back in 2002 at a children's ministry x-mas party at Athey. I sat next to the two of you and you shared with us the funniest stories of you first learning to pee in the great outdoors with Scott. You guys were so funny. Kind of a random memory, but most people were still new to me then and you guys really stood out with your peeing stories:) Way to pass on the Hoefer life to your kids;)

Jillian Weiss said...

Hi Abby,
Taylor Ashland was over here a few nights ago and he must have been logged in to blogger or gmail. The previous comment is actually form me, not Laura. :)

Anonymous said...

was rachael also the official hair fixer? i like the braids!

Nancy said...

Being a "Hoefer" I just had to comment...I still haven't learned how to pee outdoors...but Scott doesn't need to teach me. I'm the Hoefer that carries a packet of seat covers in her purse because I HATE using public toilets! Too cute, Abby! You've come a long way from the childless sister-in-law who said her kids would never be allowed to get dirty...

Jen said...

Looks like a great trip!! I love our annual beach trip. Lots of good memories. Glad you guys had a great time! As they get older, it just gets easier and easier. BTW, where can I get a Rachael to take along? ;)

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun. Sounds a lot like our trip from the previous week except for the peeing part -- by some miracle I don't think my boys actually did that this time ... although maybe they did ... it's not really notable when they do since it happens often enough. :-) The sleeping part doesn't sound quite right either ... I have to admit being envious that your kids slept well. Aidan, not so much. Oh well! After some technical problems, I finally have some pics of our trip on FB.

Kate