Monday, August 25, 2008

Ramblings

I just heard myself:
Hailey loves to play house with the girls and be the mom. I just heard her yell, "Honey, honey- come here- immediately- all right 1, 2, 3- Honey I'm serious....if you don't come you won't get a Popsicle when we get home."

I feel a little guilty but it was worth it:
Today at Fred Meyer Hailey fell in love with a toy. I won't mention what it was in case some of you own it but I think it is so ugly and so over priced and probably wouldn't work right anyway. However she kept saying how much she wanted it and knowing Hailey she will never let up until Christmas. So I saw an employee walking by and whispered something to her......Then I told Hailey we should ask around and see how the toy works before we decide to spend that much money. Then we just happened to see the clerk. I said, "How does this toy work?" And she said, "OOOhh...I haven't heard good things about it. It doesn't work that well." End of discussion. On the way out Hailey said, "I think I will just keep the American girl stuff on my Christmas list." Fabulous....

I have a fashion designer on my hands:
Yesterday Karis insisted on wearing a shirt as a skirt by tying the arms behind her back. It looked hilarious....Seriously.....I should have taken a photo but for some reason didn't......

I have an unpolitically correct daughter or maybe it is correct:
Today for the playing house scenario (it is different everyday-except Hailey is almost always the Mom) Hailey was the mom and Avery and Karis were twins. Instead of referring to them by name she referred to them as the dark-skinned one and the light-skinned one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol!! too funny.

Shannon said...

Thank you for a good laugh!

foxmulder said...

Hey Abby, this has nothing to do with your blog post, but that is so funny about Prosser! I think I knew that Scott was from there. Anyway the Liz's last name is Dufault - her family still lives there and she grew up in that church so Scott probably knows her family. The priest was from Seattle though, he was the maid of honor's priest at her previous job. Anyway, small world!