Well almost....I hate to even post this for fear that it will backfire but then decided that is ridiculous. I hope. Anyway Avery has been in undies for 10 days now!! She is still wearing a diaper at night and nap (I don't dare mess with sleep around here). I will say she has way more accidents than Karis ever did and more than Hailey did too I think. I think it is more her personality. The funny thing is with the other 2 I trained them totally differently. I was in charge and they went potty when I put them on the toilet. Well since Avery has changed many of my philosophies in her precious 2 years on this earth she has also changed my potty-training one as well. ;) Basically it has to be HER idea. If I put her on the toilet she will say, "NO GO PEE-PEE!!) and then promptly go on the floor a few minutes later and delightfully show me. So I was going to give up.
Well about 10 days ago I think she started saying, "Pee-pee" and running to the bathroom. So I would put her on and she would go. She has been pooping in the toilet for weeks but now started peeing. (And by the way I hated the word pee until I had children, but now it is a daily part of my language.) Well the day she started going I took away the diapers and put her in undies. I went through a lot of undies and pants the first few days but now I think she has gotten it! We do RUN for the bathroom when she has to go and we do go a lot with her but I am feeling some success here!! I just pray it lasts!!
5 comments:
Hi Abby, Jess and Matt were here on Saturday and talking about Soleil going pee, etc., and she is doing it, most of the time. I told them to read your blog since Avery is a little older than Soleil.
Yay, diaper free! What are you going to do with all the $ that you save?!
Congratulations!! You must feel so liberated.
Diaper free is awesome! I thought I had potty training all figured out until my last came along. She was my hardest but it feels nice to not have diapers around. Enjoy your new freedom!
Hope for your sake it lasts!
Post a Comment