Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Good Deals

OK really quick.....off to a parent council meeting......Albertsons has some great deals. I spent $101 and saved $190! Pretty good....and there were some decent snack type items...Yoplait family packs and good granola bars. I also bought 40 bags yes 40 of Hershey's Chocolate chips and 20 boxes of Duncan Hines cakes mix each for only 70 cents. This sale was a couple weeks ago but they ran out so they gave me a rain check. Helpful Hint: you can always get a rain check if they run out of items! I bake a lot so this was great. The meat and cheese guy was there (the one who marks things down for me sometimes) and he asked what I was doing with all the stuff and I said I bake a lot and he said he wanted me to bring in some baked good to him. So I said I would in hopes he will mark down more items for me. Scott asked me what he looked like but I assured him that he- Scott was definitely hotter and it only had to do with good deals. So go to Albertsons and save lots of money. Also lots of good meat is on sale....Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts for only $1.88 a pound. When it is this price I buy at least $50 worth to freeze and use for several weeks. I never pay more than $2 a pound for chicken- never- and it is always boneless, skinless. (But not hand trimmed Andrea and Kristi) And if you are local and got the Fred Meyer flyer you can use the $3 off a meat purchase coupon at Albertsons and save even more! Gotta run...

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I know... I can't believe I just throw my money away on all that fancy-schmancy poultry.