Monday, October 20, 2008

It's My Blogiversary!


I can't believe it's been a whole year since I started blogging. I have noticed I have slowed down a bit on some months but not others. This is such a fun hobby. Thanks to all my faithful readers. And to those of you who I run into and you say, "I read your blog" or "I saw that on your blog" I must say I am always surprised and a bit mortified. So thanks for making this a fun year of blogging and for all the comments. They make my day and inspire me to blog another post!


And I know the photo has nothing to do with the post but I had to post it because thanks to my mom it is now one of Karis' favorite "dresses". Don't look too closely because if you do you will notice it is actually a slip. We went to Seattle on Saturday to shop (Well the girls and my Mom did while Scott went with my Dad and brothers to the UW/OSU game....Go BEAVS!! Rose Bowl here we come I hope because if they do make it we are going!!!). Anyway my mom let Karis pick out a dress and this is what she picked out! And my mom thought it was hysterical and bought it! So she wore it to church and everywhere else in town this week. Nice....
Oh and a funny mall story....the mall is always an adventure and this time was the same. The girls got "special drinks" at the e-bar and managed to spill them 3 times. One right after she got it, one all over the bench at Macy's where my mom was going through the clearance rack, and one somewhere else. Then while I was looking through a rack Avery crawled to the bottom of the double stroller somehow and got stuck! I was in a panic, my mom was getting claustrophobic just looking at her plus we were laughing hysterically because it was so funny. She just sat there looking up with her big blue eyes at us. Well we ended up having to dismantle the bottom of the stroller and having her crawl through the foot rest to get out. I almost pulled a Rachael over that one. But all ended up fine and it was a successful shopping day with almost no crying or fits. Well only a few at least. My mom did point out to me that a lot of people look at me at the mall but frankly I've never noticed. Probably because I am too busy chasing children and cleaning up drinks. Avery did run away at Nordstrom and hide from me also at one point. I was truly panicked then but we had a little conversation about that and I don't think she will try that again!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary! Sounds like Seattle was fun. And I do love Karis' "dress". Especially with the striped tights.

Becky said...

I love the dress! The shopping sure sounds like an adventure!

Levi and Stephanie Teasley said...

Life sure would be boring without our little ones! I wish I could have been there to watch you guys trying to get Avery out...too funny!
Love ya!

Amber and Nala said...

Oh...I can't imagine how she got stuck...too bad you don't have any pics of that. :) Happy Blogiversary!

Nancy said...

I'm just laughing my head off, your escapades remind me of ours when the kids were little. Zach was such a monkey we actually got a harness to take him shopping! Believe me, people stared at me then! But he was safe with me and that's all I cared about! Love you, Abby, and Scott and the girls, too.