OK before I post if you aren't an everyday blog reader please go down a couple posts so you don't miss the fabulous Rite Aid deals. Seriously people...you won't regret it.
OK Scott's nephew Derrick who is just little younger than him and more like a cousin is married to Vicki and they have 4 boys. Can you imagine? Apparently Hoefer Men produce all of the same sex of children. Anyway....Caleb is now a freshman in high school and an amazing football player! He plays for Prosser and they played E-burg last night so we went and watched. It was fun and especially fun for the girls because Levi coaches the E-burg team so Ezri was there. The girls had a great time and we had a great time getting to see Derrick and Vicki! Caleb is number 91. Oh and Prosser won but it was close....let me tell you...very close....We didn't quite know who to cheer for- The girls were yelling "Go Bull Dogs" and Avery yelled "Go Caleb". So we got it covered.
OK 2nd "post". Feelings On The Shack:
S0 I heard so many wonderful things about this book that I couldn't wait to read it. I thought it was going to be as good as "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers. Now that is a fabulous read. If you haven't read it you must!! Anyway....to be totally honest I was a little bored. I have to say that I loved the intent of the book. I know it was controversial but I actually loved the way God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit were portrayed. I loved that the author encompassed the female attributes of God because I think the Bible is very clear on that but that often we seem to forget that God is not male or female but has attributes of both. I loved the explanation of why He is referred to as Father. I also really liked how hierarchy in life and in marriage was explained. How it is a human set up and not created by God. I am probably not explaining this very well but if you read the book you hopefully know what I am referring to. It was also really good for me because although it didn't explain why awful things happen it did remind me that God is right there and He does care. I also learned that when I worry about the future or something happening to our girls I am forgetting that God is there...in my worries I am just imagining the worst and God is not part of that. I don't know if I am making any sense here....So what I am saying is I loved the picture it painted, I think it is a great introduction to the Christian Faith and also good for those of us who have been around a long time, I was just a little bored for some reason. There you have it: My deep, insightful thoughts on The Shack.
2 comments:
so maybe your children do have some hope for athleticism!
and i agree with what you said about the shack. the thing that most hit me was the freedom we have from our past, our sin, our pain. and how even though God is our father, he's also walking right next to us.
you know my thoughts on the book.
Post a Comment