Saturday, August 16, 2008

Prayers Needed- Updated

This is a hard blog to write. Yesterday a friend of ours suddenly went home to be with His Savior. Nelson was a decorated police officer here in E-burg, the husband of my friend Anna, and father of a precious little girl- Elise (7 years old). Anna was the very first person I met when I moved here. In fact we started e-mailing months before I moved and she answered so many questions. She was the director of Mops and now she is the principal at Ellensburg Christian School. They are a wonderful, wonderful family. Nelson was so hilarious and so fun to be around. This is such a shock to our whole community. (He came down with flu like symptoms a couple days ago, went to the E-burg hospital Wed. night, transferred to the ICU in Yakima, and passed yesterday.) They are investigating what caused this. Please lift the family up in prayers. Scott and I prayed much of the night last night for them. Also his parents have already lost one child- their daughter died suddenly of cancer when she was in college. Please pray for Anna and Elise- I can't imagine telling my daughter that her daddy was gone.

The autopsy revealed that he died of Hanta Virus. A virus from rodent droppings that is in the air.

6 comments:

KELLY said...

I'm so sad about this. I was introduced a few times to the Ng's through a fellow EPD officer. They are such a wonderful family. The times I was around Nelson, he was such a warm, fun, person. His love for his family and his community radiated out of him. He often could be found at Mount Stuart just visiting with the students during lunch. Joe and I were so devistated to hear this news. I can't even begin to imagine what Anna and Elise are going through right now. If you think of a way to "help" (if that's even possible) them, will you please pass along ideas. Joe and I are trying to think of something to do for her.

Mike & Crissy said...

Abby I'm glad you posted this. I was going to last night, but wasn't sure how to word it. You worded it perfectly. I wanted others to know so more people could pray for them. I loosely knew Anna and Mike loosely knew Nelson. This is so devistating, neither of us could even believe it was true. The one thing that comforted me slightly was knowing for sure that he is in Heaven.

Heidi C said...

Oh Abby, that is so very sad -- I can't even imagine. They are in my prayers...

foxmulder said...

My friend Vickie knew him too, she was just telling me about this today. This is so sad!

Amber and Nala said...

I can't believe that...I am so shocked. I just saw him walking the other day it seems like and his little girl was just at the pool swimming. I am so sorry to hear this and just like Kelly if there is anything I can do then please let me know. I met him a couple of times as well through another Eburg police officer and he was just so funny and great to be around and you could tell how much he adored his wife and little girl. I will definitely keep the family in my thoughts.

AshlandFive said...

What a sad thing. I will definitely be in prayer for his wife, daughter and family. I am so struck sometimes and the shortness of life, and how easily it can go. I am very sorry for his family. May the Lord give them the strength that passes understanding.