Wednesday, August 27, 2008

So....

We put our house on the market! For several months we have been trying to decide what to do. We love so many things about Ellensburg- our friends, church, playgroups, etc. etc. but we also really struggle with the weather here- it is sooo windy and sooo cold and when it is there isn't a lot to do but stay inside. So for the past few months Scott has been applying for jobs all over the place- New Mexico, Arizona, Idaho, California. It all sounded so fun but the more we thought about it-more like agonized over it the more we realized we really do like being around here. We love being close to family. I can't imagine raising our girls away from their cousins and grandparents and if we moved somewhere we had to fly to the cost to fly home would be so much that it would only happen once a year probably. We did get an e-mail today that he made the top 2 in Phoenix!! So when I am freezing cold this winter do not remind me of this!! (There is a hiring freeze because of the forest fires so he hasn't heard from any other job but he is just going to pull his apps.)

So we put our house on the market and if it sells we are going to move to Yakima. The weather is so much better even though it is only 35miles away!! So much less wind. Plus there is more to do and all the shopping we do is there anyway- Costco, Target, the craft store for goodness sake! We feel really at peace about this decision. We will be so sad to leave here but we are soooo glad we will be close enough that the girls can still see their friends and us too! Please pray for all the details to work out. We have a lot of decisions to make but for now our house is on the market and if it sells then we will find something to buy or maybe even build. (Now no bad Yakima comments People. I have already heard a few and Yakima has many good qualities the most important being my sisters, brothers, sil, bil,and nieces and nephews and especially my parents the girl's Papa and Gamma, and my Grandma too!!) And we will be that much closer to Prosser and all of Scott's family- less than an hour away which will be great! And we are closer to our Portland friends there too!

So if you know anyone looking for a great house in the burg on 3 acres but close to town e-mail me and I will send you the link. I don't want to post it because it has all our info on it like our address and that doesn't seem very safe.

8 comments:

KELLY said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I can't believe you are leaving us!

The Rogel Family said...

Glad you aren't going far, but that's a bummer. Exciting for you guys though, being close to family is so awesome.

Anonymous said...

we are so glad you are moving closer! and it is nice for you that you will still be close to all of your friends.

Nancy said...

I, for one, am happy! Maybe I will get to see you, Scott and those adorable daughters more often! I totally understand about the wind and the cold. We thought of moving there once, but those were the factors that kept us from it. We'll be praying for you!

Jen said...

Well, it sounds like the right decision for you guys. I personally love Yakima and mostly because my family is here. I love that my kids are around their cousins all the time. It's awesome!! Plus, we do have an awesome scrapbook store here!! :) Priorities. Maybe now I'll actually get to know you other than through blogs or email! :)

Amber and Nala said...

Well...I'm glad you are not going too far away! :) Does that mean you can still be in the dinner club?? ;)

Abby said...

For sure still in the dinner club!! And still in Bunko! And Girl's Night and everything else!

Becky said...

We are excited to have you closer.