Thursday, October 9, 2008

Blog It Out

That's what I feel like I do....just blog it all out.....so here's how the morning went:

Got up and had our usual rushing around trying to get out the door and to school by 8:30. Avery didn't want to get out of her jammies so she held her arms together screaming while I tried to pry off the jammies and get her dressed. It was fun. Finally we got in the car and got to school. I had signed up to help at a Math station for an assembly. Of course as soon as we got to school Avery and Karis had to go potty. So Avery went in one stall- Karis in another. Well she locked the door and couldn't get out. I couldn't get under the small stall door or unlock it from the outside. I walked out in the hall and saw the principal. (He already knows me quite well it seems.) He sent in a little girl to help. She crawled under but couldn't unlock the door either. The poor child was stuck in the stall with Karis who had just pooped and was standing there with her pants down waiting to be wiped. So I went back out and told Principal Kevin that now there were 2 stuck in the stall. He decided to come in. He is rather tall so he was able to stand on the toilet next door and somehow reach over and unlock the door. All this in his nice pants and tie. And Karis still standing there naked with a toilet full of poop. Fun.

Then we went to the gym to work at our station. All went well for about 30 minutes until Avery decided all of the little orange pieces we were using to play "pumpkin patch" were hers. Someone tried to take a few and she screamed, "Mine!" and burst into hysterical tears. Loud, hysterics. All the children left my station. Finally got her calmed down (chocolate chip cookies do wonders) and some more children came. Avery handled it OK but would cry off and on so I had to hold her on my hip while trying to direct a math game. And Karis was being especially clingy too.

Finally our hour and a half was up and it was time to go. Well Avery somehow lost it again as we were signing out at the office. She was stomping her little legs up and down and crying hysterically. And the secretaries were commenting on how cute she was! I said, "She's acting like a 2 year old!" And they were humored thankfully. Apparently most people have had 2 year olds so aren't too appalled by such behavior. Thankfully.

And all I can think is in 24 hours I will be on my way to Portland with my mom and Becky! We are getting a motel with Rachael and going to the Woman of Faith Conference and shopping!! I can hardly wait. I need a break...it has been a long week here in Hoeferburg. Gotta run...more hysterics from the little one. Are you ready for this Scott?!

For some cute pics of happier moments this week check out the Captivated blog on the side.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

it does sound like you need a weekend away!

Becky said...

I am sure the principal was impressed! Can't wait till tomorrow-Shotgun! (j/k)

Anonymous said...

that does sound like quite a morning! going to that conference will be such a refreshing break. i've heard it's awesome. hope you guys have a good time!!

Mike & Crissy said...

What a fantastic principle, I'm sure he wasn't too "bothered" by the whole incident - what do you expect when you are overseeing all those little one! Sorry Avery was so difficult, she's probably getting it all out and will be a perfect angel for Scott! :) Either way I hope you have a wonderful time!

Moon Dance Ranch said...

Debbie

is going to woemen of faith this week end and staying in Portland

Amber and Nala said...

Oh...lucky Kevin! :) That is too funny!

Rachelle said...

Oh my! When does it get easier???