Thursday, June 5, 2008

Avery Kendall- 20 Months!

I can't believe how old she is getting....she will be 2 in 4 months! Here she is this morning eating cookie dough with raw eggs. I know you aren't supposed to allow this but I do. No one has gotten sick yet....hopefully we never will. As you can see she is quite enjoying herself!

The last week or so has been so much better with her. She is talking more which seems to help with her frustration level. She gets so frustrated so easily but I am trying to give her words to say instead of screams and it seems to be helping. I have said with all three girls that my least favorite age is 14-20 months. They are mobile, yet clueless. Opinionated but almost impossible to discipline. I remember one time with Karis I decided I would "teach" her not to touch the entertainment center. After saying no and moving her 25 times I said, "Forget it...you can climb the entertainment center if you want...I don't care anymore!" (I know, I know, the one thing you are never supposed to do....lose the battle.....but don't worry....when she was at a more teachable age we worked on boundaries and I will say she is quite the compliant child these days!)

So anyway Avery is now 20 months and she is so much more fun. She actually amazes us because I will say something to Scott or the girls and a few minutes later she will be doing whatever it is. Like I said, "Oh those girls...they threw all the pillows off the window seat." A couple minutes later she was over picking them all up. Or last night I said, "Karis can you go get me a brush?" And Avery got right up, ran into the bathroom, and brought me one. She always looks so proud of herself that it is really cute.

One more cute story if anyone is still reading. ( I am mostly doing this so I will remember these cute things.) I always hold her and pray "May the Lord bless you and keep you-may He cause His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you and give you peace." Well as soon as I am done she always yells, "Amen!" really loud. Well one time I was holding her and the girls were trying to sneak into the room so I said, "Girls...Go!" So now every time I am praying with her in the middle of the prayers she looks up and yells, "Go! Go!" and waves her hand at the door as if the girls are there. For some reason it just really makes me laugh. Anyway....I was going to highlight some of the things she has learned lately but this post is already way too long....

3 comments:

Heidi C said...

Very sweet Abby! I love reading what your girls are learning at different stages. Helps me know what to expect for mine! :)

Anonymous said...

i can't believe you are letting her eat raw cookie dough!! i am appalled. :)

Becky said...

I still remember the day-I mean night- she was born. I can't believe it has been 20 months!