Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Last Few Days





Well on Wednesday night Scott left for La Grande for work again and I decided why stay home in the freezing cold wind by myself and the girls? Might as well go do something fun. Sooo....feeling very brave I loaded up the girls and took them to Everett- a 2 hour drive. My Grandmother lives there as well as my Aunt Melissa, Uncle Mark, and 3 cousins who are actually closer in age to my children than me. (And I can't believe the whole time I was there I only took these pictures...and they turned out terrible - I had my macro lens on for some reason and I meant to get a picture of my Grandmother with the girls but completely forgot...it is a little crazy single-mommying it while traveling.) I am so glad we went! The girls did so well in the car and slept great and had so much fun. It was much easier than I thought it would be.


Events:

Thursday: Left the house in the morning- only had to pull over 4 times to adjust the DVD player!! 4 times! I love having a portable DVD player but it can be more trouble than it's worth. At one point it crashed down and the DVD flew out. We stopped in Issaquah at Target and then went to Alderwood Mall. It was fun go to stores we don't get to and let the girls play on the toy at the mall. I really, really miss having a mall. Have I mentioned that before? Then we got to Grandmother's and hung out and ate dinner. The girls had a wonderful time...there are plenty of toys there and they loved the dinner. In fact Hailey told Scott when we got home that, "We had the best dinner I have ever had at Grandmother's". Thanks Hailey....


Friday: Went to Target and Costco with Grandmother. Then Matthew (5) and Mindy (3) and Melissa (21) came over. We had lunch and then she had to go to Danny's (8) school. I put Avery down for a nap and took the other 4 kids to Forest Park. It was cold but still they had a blast. They played together really well so that was fun. Then I dropped them off at Melissa's and drove back to Grandmother's to get Avery. Then back to Melissa's where we took the kids to Danny's school Carnival. It was crazy but fun. As we were leaving I said to Mark, "Well that was fun for the kids" and Hailey goes, "But not for the adults....." Mark and I both had a good laugh.


Saturday: We met up and took the kids to the Everett Children's Museum. It was fabulous. Seriously the best Children's Museum I have seen. And we've been to a lot of them....

3 stories of fun including a rooftop climbing structure. Unbelievable.


Came home Saturday and had 75 e-mail messages!!! Apparently I did send facebook requests out to my entire address book. Now I am addicted and am concerned I will not have as much time to devote to my blogging!

Then I quickly made grits for our dinner club. Naomi came over and we left the girls and went and had a great time with our friends enjoying Southern Food.

Edited to add pics sent from Melissa.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for my age. I wish! (except it wouldn't work too well for having an 8 year old) I'll have to upload my pictures and e-mail them. I don't know if mine are any better! In spite of the craziness, it definitely was fun!

Becky said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I was wondering who the 21-year old was! You are brave to take 3 kids on a trip by yourself!