
On Saturday the girls participated in the Nation-wide Lemonade Stand Fundraiser. Some of you may have seen it on the Today show. (Not the girls but the founder of it.) Anyway it is really cool- basically they sent us for free the lemonade stand and the lemonade! All we had to do was sell it on the 21st and promise to give the money to a charity.
So the girls chose our orphanage in Haiti. They did a great job selling and made $85! We were so proud of them. (Although they did get tired out and leave me with Avery to sell for awhile. She was thrilled though to pass out lemonade!) We also got to talk about God's Littlest Angels to lots of people. And many people that we knew stopped and asked if we had heard anything about our adoption yet. In fact I remember clearly saying to one friend, "Our dossier has been in for 9 months...we really should be hearing something any day now- although I have been saying that for months now.)
Well when we got home our proposal was on our e-mail! Isn't it amazing how God works? Not a coincidence....a God-incidence! And I would like to thank everyone for their supportive comments and all the personal e-mails of congratulations! They mean so much to us and I plan on somehow getting them all together to put in Alex-Josiah's baby book. Thank you everyone for your kind words!!
I will say that 12-18 months didn't sound nearly as long last week as it does now! Seeing his sweet little face and knowing we won't get to hold him in our arms for at least a year is heart-wrenching. The girls are so sweet and keep saying, "We just want to bring him home NOW". It is going to be a long year.....but we are still praying somehow it goes faster!!
7 comments:
Wow, what a deal! What a great way for the girls to learn about giving! Fun stuff.
Were you down at the Farmer's Market and I totally missed you? What a great thing to do with your girls. Looks like they had lots of fun doing it, too.
I have not heard of this, but it sounds like a good idea. I keep thinking about Alex too and pray this wait goes fast for you!
That is so neat and such a great thing that all the proceeds go to charity!
Abby, so cute! All your pictures on your blog are great!! This is such cool idea to do with your girls. And about your last post, praise God! When I was at your house looking at those clothes, it totally makes sense when the girls said "we want a brother". I didn't want to pry because I don't know you all that well about your future plans for children. So it makes total sense now, and what an adorable little brother they have. I am so excited, one more blog to read.
Gemma
I'm so excited for you, the family and Alex-Josiah. He is so very cute. I am anxious for you as you wait and go through these next steps in the process. It is a long wait, but worth it!
We are adopting from GLA also. We are nearing the end...slowly but surely. We can hardly wait. Each month has been exciting when we receive our pictures of Jeremy and updates on how he is doing and what his personality is like. Just remember to be flexible and go with the flow of the unexpected in dealing with a government like Haiti!
:)
Did they get a business license to sell lemonade? Or even check with the local health district? What were you thinking?
I hope the adoption process goes smoothly.
Post a Comment