Monday, June 9, 2008

Too Cute






We had our good friends Paul and Kate over for dinner and the girls had a great time with their sweet boys: Elliot and Aidan. Elliot has quite the talent with hair we learned as he styled Hailey's hair. And Karis not to be outdone smeared lip gloss all through her hair. That only took a few washings to get it out. These are the things that happen when adults are eating and chatting and remarking how well the children are playing.


Other weekend highlights:

Cleaning the van.....ummm this was quite the task....hours it took and once AGAIN I have declared there will be no eating in the van. And I'm serious this time!!!


Playing outside most of Sunday after eating lunch with Erin and Ian and Asher. That was fun. We went to Wing Central and managed to keep the kids sitting nicely for the first 40minutes....when our food still hadn't arrived we allowed them to loudly ask us, "WHERE is our FOOOOODD?" Hoping it would get the waitresses attention since she had already served people who came in after us. That is the longest we have ever waited there!! When the food finally came we forgot about the long wait as it was so delicious. And thankfully since it is a college hang out no one minded the children running from booth to booth. In fact since graduation celebrations seemed to be in full swing no one seemed to notice....ahem.....lets just say the bathrooms were busy and when Hailey had to go I took her to the van to use the potty seat there......
And another highlight realizing I really suck at games on facebook!! How did my sisters get all the smart genes?! I will say Jen, Hannah, and Becky the reason I so severely lost the last game was the neighbor came to chat with me and I thought it would be rude to be engrossed in a computer game while she waited.....

2 comments:

Becky said...

sounds like a fun weekend. I stink at the games-but they can be addicting.

Amber and Nala said...

Ahhh...you guys know Elliot! I had him in preschool the other day..he is a sweetheart. Has he talked to you about John Deere tractors...that boy LOVES them. ;) It was also very sweet the first day I subbed in his class he told me how VERY beautiful his Mom was and all about her. What a sweetie! Hope you guys are all doing well..we should get the dogs together soon. :)