OK I have tons of laundry, floors to be vacuumed and mopped, girls to dress and get to playgroup but here I am blogging. And Why? Because I felt the need to inform mostly the new mothers of this before it is too late. While I have many regrets or things I have wished I had done differently this is my major one for this week at least....
BREAKING NEWS- WHILE WRITING THIS AVERY JUST POOPED IN THE TOILET FOR THE FIRST TIME! This is very exciting for me as I have felt like I was getting no where with potty training this child....So I am copying Kate's idea - no not my friend Kate but Kate from John and Kate Plus 8 and I am photographing her with her first poop! Gross I know but so exciting! Apparently she is a little embarrassed since she is covering her face in her undies.
Anyway back to my biggest regret: Not making my children wear bibs!! When I started feeding
them they would always pull off their bibs so I didn't want to battle it. Well I can't tell you how many ruined clothes I have. In fact I am right now running clothes through the wash again because the stains won't come out. If only I made them wear a bib. What I should have done is said, "Girls who wear bibs eat....girls who don't get down". It would have been only one or two times of screaming and falling on the floor crying (by the girls not me) and then they would have worn the bib.....but no... I was too focused on them eating and now it is too late. Avery won't come near a bib and the other two are way too old. So all you new moms out there...don't make the same mistake!! Bibs are the way to go!! Save the clothes! Wear bibs!
6 comments:
congrats to avery on the poop!
i've been the bib nazi which i am thankful for. each stain on the bib means its not on a shirt!
Oxi Clean em! Sit them in the wash with oxi clean for a whole day. I have been amazed at how it gets anything out! Yaaaa on the potty training! Isn't it sooo nice to be out of diapers? Carmel...the third...has been fully potty trained now for a few weeks, and I must say, it's glorious!
I can't believe that I never noticed you didn't use bibs. Congrats on your new diaper freedom.
Abby you just crack me up! And I'll bet you someone, somewhere is saying, "I told you so," re: the bibs.
Yesterday we had a big announcement too, when Kooper (Grandson) used the potty!! Woo Hoo! (I'm not so old that I can't remember those "firsts" and rejoice with you!) Love you, Nancy
Good job Avery. So I don't use bibs either but I do have Roc eat in just a onesie now and not his clothes.
I agree with the bib thought. Must wear bib (or sometimes in our case no shirt at all)!
Post a Comment