Friday, June 20, 2008

The Lake!

So I didn't take my camera for this and I should have. I really need to get an inexpensive camera to take on these kind of excursions because I am always worried I will ruin mine. I decided to be adventurous and take advantage of this beautiful weather so I took the girls to Kerry Lake. Nicole (a girl who was in my Salt group for the last 2 years and now has graduated with her Masters- yeah Nicole!) went with me. I don't think it would have worked very well with just me. She was great too because she played with them in the sand and I didn't have to get all dirty! She also accompianed me on Wednesday on some errands...going to Rite Aid and Fred Meyer. It was fabulous having an extra set of hands. I joked with her today that I hope she doesn't get a job.

The girls had a great time playing in the sand and in the water. The weather was perfect and there were just a few others there so it was a perfect morning! I want to try and take them once a week because it is only about 10 minutes from our house and they loved it! The only thing that went wrong was when we got there some older boys- meaning around 8 years old- took a raft way out and Karis freaked out that they would get lost. She was sobbing for about 15 minutes over it! She is the most sensitive little girl. Always so concerned for others- it is really sweet. We finally called Daddy and he assured her they would be OK. Shortly after she joined in the fun. Oh the other drama- I lost the keys! I had the girls all packed up in their car seats and couldn't find the keys. Nicole saved the day by scouring the grass and she found them. Hope you are all having nice weather and enjoying it also!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That does sound like fun! We ended up getting a small camera for times just like that.

Becky said...

Sounds like fun! karis is such a sweet girl!