Thursday, September 11, 2008

Black Drops...Black Drops....

So I was busy doing something today and I kept hearing Karis in her little sing-song voice saying, "Black drops, Black drops". I decided to look and see what she was doing....I should have known. She had a paint brush with black paint and was walking along the family room singing Black Drops as little black drops of paint covered the floor. I said, "Karis! Come here and get a wash cloth and clean that up." (You know...trying to incorporate some of the Love and Logic principles.) So in her little sing-song voice because life is just one big party for Karis she said, "OK now I'm Cinderella...Clean the floor, wash the windows....."

Hailey is still loving school. She said she ate lunch with her new best friend. I said, "What is her name?" She said, "I don't know." I however am having a hard adjustment. I seriously did not know I would cry this much. Yesterday was the worst. I cried off and on all day and kept trying to hide it from the girls. But Karis would say, "Why are you talking in the crying voice again?" Anyway I am hoping this gets easier. I just miss her so much and feel like so many hours she is being raised by someone else now. And this is only the beginning......

Avery is excited for her Birthday. Whenever someone asks her how old she is turning she says, "5!" She's the smallest 5 year old I've ever seen! We are getting ready for her birdie Birthday party. I am making some favors so will blog them later.....

Also we are so busy now...adjusting to this new school schedule, soccer, and then Kid's Club started tonight. A really fun program at our church. I volunteered to teach the Kindergarten class with my friend Kate. That way we could be with our kids! It was WILD tonight. But lots of fun! And next week starts our woman's Bible Study at church and I am leading a mom's group again. I am just praying Avery will stay in the childcare. When she was young I could lead with her in the sling or front pack but come on now..she is 2...it would be too hard. So all you prayers out there pray that she doesn't scream and cry Tuesday morning!! And if she does that the teacher is willing to work with her and not page me right away. I am thinking that is the only way it will work because once she realizes I can be paged she will never stay. So I have to be the cold-hearted mom this week and leave her crying. Very hard to do but as Ruthie our pastor's wife said, "Otherwise you will be held hostage the rest of your life." OK rambling now.....going to bed......

4 comments:

Amber and Nala said...

Hope it gets easier for you soon. :) That Karis....always happy! I just love the song!

Anonymous said...

We are excited for the party!

Nancy said...

Abby, you will need to do printouts of your blog entries to savor when you are, ummm, older. You will read them and laugh. Or cry. But either is fine. I have done a lot of both, as has every mom in the world. You are normal, dear, really. And it's really okay to cry in front of the kids, if you explain why you are doing so.

Karis cracks me up, what a character! I love reading your blog, so keep it up!!

Becky said...

Oh Karis-what a Gal.
Hope it gets easier with Haliey gone.