

Is that even how you spell it? I am not much of a rodeo person...anyway the rodeo came to town. I believe this is the biggest event all year in E-burg. People come from all around to pay lots of money and sit in the wind and watch horses run around and bulls knock people down and things like that. As you can tell we weren't one of those people but we have heard it can be quite fun. Maybe some day...anyway we did go to the parade and that was tons of fun!! Tons of horses and rodeo princesses from all over which thrilled Karis. And tons of candy. Seriously almost as much as Halloween and it was way easier than trick-or-treating!!
The parade started out on a somber note with a police officer and an empty horse with a banner saying in memory of Nelson Ng. People stood and clapped and many had tears in their eyes-us included. Then the Christian school had a float with "In loving memory of Nelson Ng" on the back. It was really neat.
After the parade I took the older girls to the fair while Scott kept Avery at home. She is too small to do rides and I thought it would be cruel to have her sit and watch. Plus she needed a nap and Scott wanted to work in the yard. Well our friend Brian put it this way: "I don't see county fair and Abby Hoefer going real well together, smells of manure, dirt everywhere....." And he was right. It was really windy and cold so dust was literally flying in our faces and eyes. Like 40 mile an hour gusts of wind. So we got in line and did a few rides much to my chagrin. This is the first year the girls have ever done rides!! I can't stand to waste $3 per ride per girl!! I say we save the money and go to Disneyland. But this year somehow they knew about rides so we let them do a few and they loved it!! It was really cute how excited they were. Karis was waving like a princess.
Right before we left was when the cell phone incident occurred so I had no cell phone. Well as we are standing waiting for the airplane ride I look down and notice a large puddle. Funny...there was no rain....and I noticed Karis' legs had something running down them....she wet her pants!! This is the girl who has been potty-trained for over 2 years and hasn't had an accident in probably a year. So I had no extra clothes and no cell phone to call Scott. I literally had to borrow a cell phone from a kind stranger and call Scott to bring clothes but he couldn't bring any until Avery woke up. Karis was unphased by all of this though and still had a good time in her wet clothes and muddy-pee-shoes. I was horrified. Then we shared an elephant ear- yummy and then looked at some animals. I also bought them cotton candy but they only ate a little. I finished it off for them. Then Scott was going to join us but by that time we were freezing and done so home we went.....quite the event.....
5 comments:
well it sounds fun anyway! Poor karis-but at least she still had a blast.
I always miss the fair and rodeo...maybe someday! Sounds like you had fun despite the potty accident. :)
I am not much of a rodeo person myself but I've been to the infamous Ellensburg rodeo and it was a lot of fun. My kids would love it! Glad you guys had fun!
So did Karis pull a Rachael? Glad you had fun at the Rodeo.
i've been to the ellensburg rodeo before! :) sounds like you guys had quite the day!
Post a Comment