Monday, September 8, 2008

"May You Please Leave Now?"



Yes that is how Hailey handled her first morning at school. While I was fighting back tears and Karis and Avery were dumping every single puzzle into the toy shopping cart Hailey was sitting at the table doing activities and rather confidently talking to a little girl. She looks up at me and says, "May you please leave now?" I said, "I think I am supposed to stay until the story is over." And she said, "Why?" So for the last week I have dreaded this moment, cried over this moment, stayed awake at night thinking about this it was actually rather anti-climatic. Hailey was in heaven. Loving all the activities, the kids, the teacher. I loved how confident she seemed. I could tell she was so ready for this. The rest of us are not though....Karis has been awful...whiny, crying, moping around. Avery has been throwing fits over little things. I have had a headache. I guess we just all need to adjust to not having her around during the day.
I just hope she is having so much fun and I can't wait to hear all about it. Scott is picking her up from school and then taking her to get a treat so I will have to wait until around 4 I imagine. That's a long time. I just keep thinking as she is in school all day that these are days and hours I will never get back. But that is part of growing up, they are supposed to do this, they are supposed to become independent of us, I just never realized how hard it would be. But as time goes on it will become our new normal and I think we will all adjust fine. Now what to do with Karis all afternoon while Hailey is gone? That's another blog entry......

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, so cute! It seems like just yesterday we were coming to visit you in Oregon, to meet our first niece! I am glad that she did so well.

Becky said...

So glad she did well. I love the outfit -especially the shoes!

Strauss House said...

What a cutie! She looks so little with that backpack on!

foxmulder said...

Its the year 2080? How are we all still alive?

Jen said...

Adorable pictures! It's an adjustment but you do get used to it. She'll probably love school so that makes it so much easier!!

Amber and Nala said...

Ahhh...I am glad she was so confident and ready! I was thinking about you today though and wondering how you were doing. :) Even though it's hard to be away from her when she gets home she can share her fun stories with you. Hopefully we can get together soon. Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Were you really crying? Becky is going to throw a party. LOL
Ella is going to be really excited when Kindergarten comes, especially if she can go with her cousins.

Laura said...

Abby! Wow i can't believe how big your girls are getting! I miss you all so much! I hope you are enjoying every moment of your time being a mom! I know you are because you are so good at it :) Hey how are the Whites doing now that they are back?
Hope your family is staying healthy, and whats this about the little boy, are you guys adopting him?
I would love to hear more about this!
Give the Girls hugs for me! tell everyone else "HI" Oh, man i miss you guys so much!
God Bless