So Hailey LOVED school. I was expecting her to be really tired and grouchy as many moms have warned me of this...but not today...totally wound up and excited although she did say, "We didn't get to learn to read or write yet." I asked her who she played with at recess and she said, "My new friends." I said, "What are their names?" She replied, "I don't know." Maybe tomorrow she will learn. She ate her lunch fine, went potty with her buddy fine, got to check out a book at the library, loved her teacher, and said the whole day was fun and that she wants to go back everyday. That's a good thing...because she will be.....
I was so relieved that when she got home I cried when I hugged her. This parenting stuff is emotional!! And boy was Karis thrilled- they played and played and played. I heart these girlies so much!!
Scott and I were talking and he was saying how he was nervous all day too and just kept praying for her. It felt like we were both back in school..those first day jitters. After school Scott got off early and went to meet the teacher and then took her to ice-cream. It was good for them to spend some one-on-one time together like that and Hailey really enjoyed it.
We laid out her outfit for tomorrow as I explained that one of the most fun things about going to school was picking out what you get to where the next day....all the new clothes from Gamma....too fun!
2 comments:
Abby, I've been trying to get to the phone all day to call and see how you were doing...but you know how the day can go with little ones! I'm so thrilled that everything went so well! You have been on my heart all day and I've been praying for you and Hailey! What a special day for her!
Love you all! Steph
I'm so proud of Hailey. I can't believe how grown up she is. Hopefully you, Karis and Avery will be adjusted very quickly!
Post a Comment