Monday, September 15, 2008

Soccer Girl


I took the camera to Hailey's game on Saturday. I think she looks so grown up in her soccer uniform. Scott had to be the coach for the first few minutes- there he is out there with all 3 girls- it was quite cute. Hailey did well....she can keep up with all the kids but she isn't very aggressive. I guess that will come with time. Aunt Katie came and worked with her a bit yesterday- thanks Katie- she is a real soccer player so I am hoping she can pass some of her athletic talent on to our girls. Unfortunately I have no athletic ability. (In fact when I did the body test on my wii fitness it said, "You are rather unbalanced. Do you often find yourself tripping over things when you walk?" And I do!! I am very uncoordinated so I am really hoping by starting the girls early in sports they will be a bit more athletic than me. (I just got Karis signed up for Tiny Tots Soccer-that should be exciting.) Thankfully they have half of Scott's genes and he is much more.
We also noticed that Hailey seems to enjoy the time-outs during the game the most as she would always run up to the other little girls and start chatting and not be quite ready to start the game when it would resume. So apparently she got that gene from me....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love how serious she looks in that one! i still can't believe you produced an athlete, even if she is half scott...

Becky said...

She is adorable too!

Melissa said...

The Wii fit told me the same thing! It definitely must be in the genes.

Amber and Nala said...

I LOVE the pink soccer shorts and the action shots...so cool that she is playing soccer! I also liked the shot with Scott in the middle of all the kids pointing to the ball...way to go coach! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that someone else in the family likes soccer. Go Hailey!