Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Happenings

So I thought I should blog about some of our Christmas traditions. The first and probably the girl's favorite is their Advent Calenders. My mom started by buying Hailey one of these trees at Starbucks...you open the drawer and out comes a delicious truffle. The next year I reused it by filling it with other candy...but of course Karis needed one...so my mom bought her one. Well this year Avery needed one....so my mom came through again. The funny thing is all day long Avery points at hers and goes, "uh,uh,uh" and then when I say, "No Avery...wait until tonight," she will burst into tears. She loves her truffles.... Here she is ready to take a big bite!
Another holiday tradition the girls love is making suckers. We make them for Easter, Birthdays, just for fun, and of course Christmas. We made trees and presents yesterday and the girls just love it and it is so easy. Just melt Wilton chocolates and pour into molds and put a stick in.
Karis begged all afternoon...a happy girl I finally obliged...
So this isn't really a tradition but the photo is so cute....Hailey matching the Molly doll (an American Girl doll I had- she can hardly wait to turn 6 because that is the magic age around here to get one). Anyway I could tell she was trying to pose like a model when I was taking these pics and I couldn't stop laughing....

And here she is with the first gift she ever made us. She made this darling mug for us at preschool...I kept trying to wait to open it but she was so excited that she insisted I open it right away. A couple days ago she goes, "I made you a present but I can't tell you what it is....it is a surprise..but you drink out of it....like hot chocolate or coffee.....it has a handle....do you know what it is? It is really special." I didn't know if I should guess or not so I tried to give some random guesses but she kept repeating herself.....so anyway here it is and I love it and will treasure it forever!



4 comments:

Becky said...

Ella loves doing hers too. She calls it the Ella Calenger though. Kinda funny. I love Avery's sleeper!

Jen said...

I love reading about everybody's Christmas traditions. I definitely want to try some new ones for next year. My kids have been loving their advent calendar too. Fun stuff!!

Anonymous said...

Cute pics. How fun that you have your first school made Christmas present! Looks like a nice mug too. I think mom wanted to get Emmett an advent calendar this year too. Oh that mom of ours!

Alicen said...

Your girls are sooooo cute. I love the photo of Hailey and the American Doll. I'm so thankful for your blog... it helps me to prepare for my own little girl. I like the idea of waiting until they are 6 to get one of those cool dolls. I also need ideas on potty training... You really should dedicate a whole blog post about that, since you're in my opinion the most successful potty training mommy ever!