Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Free Nuts!


Run don't walk to your nearest Rite Aid! There is an incredible deal going on .....

First: Free nuts from Planters.....here's how it works: Buy the nuts that are on sale for $2.99. Get the coupon out of the flyer for $3.00 off located in the front of the store in the little book. You need one coupon for each thing of nuts. I originally went through the line and only bought a couple, then when I realized there was no limit I got more. The cashier was very nice and used a little razor blade to help me cut out all the coupons. Then he said, "Do you want your 11 cents?" That is right- I bought or got all the nuts for free and made 11 cents!!!
Also: The poppcock was on sale and had a coupon in the flyer...I combined that with the coupon from the sunday paper and got both for $2 I think...maybe cheaper...my reciept is downstairs.
Same with the emerald nuts...combine with the Sunday paper coupon and you get a great deal.
And last but certainly not least a FREE $12.99 razor for Scott! It was on sale for $9.. I had a $4 coupon from the Sunday paper and there is a $5 rebate.
As we were purchasing these the girls were chanting, "We are getting free nuts, we are getting free nuts" and Avery was screaming because there happened to be a homeless man behind us with wild hair muttering to himself and she is terrified of anyone who looks a little out of the norm. Poor Uncle Brent got the same reaction when he dared to look at her while wearing a hat.....
Little tiny note: I called Scott and sent him to get some nuts on his lunch break. Being the detail-oriented husband that I adore he read the coupon print and apparently the $3 coupons are only good on the larger nuts that aren't free.....so I guess let your conscious be your guide...I was going to go back and get many more but knowing that I won't...even though they honored it so maybe it is OK? Hard to know.....but my very honest husband didn't think we should get more so I won't be.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you going to do with all those nuts?

Kristi said...

You and your bargains! Good job, Abby.

Anonymous said...

did you accept the 11 cents?

Andrea said...

I love your shopping strategies! We don't eat a lot of nuts, but perhaps I should start for the sake of a good deal.

Heidi C said...

Abby, you crack me up! I was totally laughing out loud at the girls chanting "Free nuts, free nuts!" I can just imagine the crazy fun you all had at the store. By the way, Brian read through your blog and was laughing out loud at some of your postings (especially the one of us visiting where you said..."I'm just a humble vessel of the Lord") Classic. But I agree - if it wasn't for you, there'd be no us!